Curtiss Wright is seeking a Business Unit Manager for our Shelby, NC facility. (Relocation is available for this role).
The Opportunity | Business Unit Director - Aftermarket Sales
Provides senior leadership and management of a Business Segment. Defines/updates Business Segment Strategy and Operating Plans including identification of growth opportunities and acquisition candidates. Facilitates collaboration and teamwork across other Business Segments and Functional Groups to ensure achievement of performance objectives, completion of TPP initiatives, completion of corporate initiatives and responsiveness to requests.
- Develops and maintains senior customer relationships with Business Segment customers to serve as the single point of accountability.
- Manages Business Segment Operations (e.g. market and business opportunity development, administration of contracts, project execution, product design, engineering development and process/methods improvement) TPP and Continuous Improvement Initiatives/Customer Funded Projects (Planning, Executing, Monitoring, Corrective Action).
- Assesses and manages risk associated with all Business Segment activities.
- Manages Business Segment People resources (manpower forecasting, recruiting, staff augmentation, consultant acquisition, project management assignments, development programs and workforce transitions).
- Manages Business Segment Financial, Capital and People resources to achieve Performance Objectives (Operating Budget, Return On Capital Invested, Project Performance -- EAC's).
- Defines Business Segment direction and provides oversight to ensure effective work processes, procedures (IDP), practices, roles and performance objectives are established to meet or exceed customer and company performance expectations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in an applicable field, Masters preferred
- Minimum 10 years of Sales Leadership experience within aerospace operations, with a track record of growth, including generating new business and building/managing a sales organization
- Leadership position in aerospace FAA/EASA repair station certified to FAR part 145 for maintenance, repair, and overhaul (MRO) support of electro-mechanical and hydraulic accessories serving global customers in both commercial and defense markets
- Experience managing a P&L upwards of $30 million USD.
- Aftermarket supply chain and distribution expertise with Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM's) and suppliers of teardown/used/surplus material. Aviation Suppliers Association (ASA-100 standard) experience preferred
- Proven experience negotiating and winning customer new business across OEM's, Airlines, 3rd party heavy maintenance providers, and Repair Depots
- Experience leading a global sales team across Americas (NA+SA), Europe, Russia, Africa/Middle East, and Asia, Pacific, China (APAC)
- Experience within quality systems based on AS9100 Rev. C or D, or equivalent
- Knowledgeable with applicable requirements of CFR Title-14
- Advanced 6-sigma and/or lean certifications, or demonstrated equivalent experience
- Superior leadership, decision-making, communication, organization and interpersonal skills, as well as strong team building and training skills
- Proficient in MS Office suite
This position may require exposure to information, which is subject to US export control regulations, i.e. the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of U.S. regulations.
Curtiss-Wright values diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you require accommodation due to a disability at any time during the recruitment and/or assessment process, please contact Talent Acquisition and we will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate your request.
Six Sigma Methodology