We are currently seeking an experienced Physical Therapist Assistant with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
The ideal candidate provides for his or her patients and exceeding expectations. As a Physical Therapist Assistant you will assist the Physical Therapist with individuals and helping develop a plan using treatment techniques to promote the ability to move, reduce pain, restore function, and prevent disability. If you are an accountable and reliable individual who truly cares about the well-being of others, then we would like to meet you!
Responsibilities and Duties
• Provide therapy services planned, delegated and supervised by the qualified Physical Therapist consistent with the patient's approved Plan of Treatment.
• Observe patients during treatment, compiles data and report patient's progress to Physical Therapist.
• Act as a liaison and maintains contact with patients, Physical Therapist, Clinical Manager(s), other members of the healthcare team and the community in assuring effective care coordination and appropriate resource referrals.
• Recommend to Physical Therapist possible modification to existing physical therapy treatment plans and training needs to achieve maximum results.
• Maintain and submit documents as required by the Company and/or facility.
• Accurately and thoroughly document patient care observations, interventions and evaluation on the day services are rendered. Assist qualified Therapist with preparation of patient progress notes.
• Participate in Performance Improvement activities as assigned. Communicate information that enable collection and root cause analysis of data to identify opportunities for improvement.
• Maintain the highest standards of professional conduct in relation to information that is confidential in nature. Share information only when recipient's right to access is clearly established and sharing of such information is in the best interest of the patient.
• Maintain/enhance clinical practice skills by attending, participating in/conducting staff development/continuing education program.
- Ability to handle physical workload
- Ability to build rapport with patients
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- 1 year of minimum experience required in a Skilled Nursing Facility, Hospital, or Inpatient/Outpatient setting
- TB test completed within the last year
- Physical or Health Statement completed within the last year
- Drug Screen completed prior to starting
- MMR Immunization
- Hep B verification or waiver
- Criminal Background Check
- Active In-State Licensure
Long Term Care