To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
20130 Lakeview Center Plaza
Remote anywhere in US, VA 20147
- Dawn Wick
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Out Patient (OP) Medical Coders - DoD (Department of Defense) - Remote
Mindseeker, Inc. • Remote anywhere in US, VA
Posted 1 month ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Mindseeker is a leading healthcare professional services company focused on delivering HIM and Revenue Cycle Services, including outsourced medical coding, quality and compliance auditing, CDI, consulting, contracted interim management, and HIT staffing to health systems, hospitals, physician groups, and clinics nationwide. Mindseeker supports complex initiatives that demand extraordinary combinations of project management, technical competence and industry expertise.
Position Title: DoD Out Patient (OP) Medical Coders - Remote
Mindseekers Healthcare division is currently hiring Remote (OP) Out Patient Medical Coders for a five year DoD medical coding contract covering three regions Pacific, Central and Europe.
- Qualified medical records coders must have a minimum of 3 years of recent outpatient coding experience with 2 years current production coding in multiple specialties in the outpatient setting (physician’s practice/office or ambulatory surgery centers) including assignment of evaluation and management (E/M) leveling for professional services, CPT, HCPCS codes, modifiers and units of service.
- Two years of outpatient/ambulatory surgery experience may be qualifying if received in a military medical treatment facility
- Experience with MHS DoD coding is preferred
- The medical record coders shall have extensive knowledge of outpatient coding, coding guidelines, official coding resources and disease processes to code at a level of no less than 97% accuracy in order to meet data quality standards for professional services, ICD-10-CM and CPT (includes E/M) codes for multiple specialties.
- Coders must be able to read, interpret medical records, and understand medical terminology to correctly code medical records.
- Annual coding credentials shall be maintained
- Coders must have knowledge of medical terminology and usage, including general medical, surgical, pharmaceutical, hospital terms and abbreviations and abstracting techniques.
- Coders must have knowledge of broad range of references such as the ICD-10-CM, CPT, HCPCS, medical dictionaries, and manual related to coding textbooks and glossaries.
Coders shall have a minimum of two years of experience with common office software to include, but not limited to Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word and electronic mail systems and proficient with computer hardware and software (AHLTA, CCE, CHCS, MHS Genesis, and Essentris) to accomplish assigned tasks.
The required credentials for medical coding professionals performing the coding services of this contract will be either by the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) as a Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA); or Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT); or Certified Coding Specialist (CCS); or Certified Coding Specialist-Physician Based (CCS-P); or certified by the American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC) as a Certified Professional Coder (CPC) or Certified Outpatient Coder (COC).
Mindseeker offers competitive salaries and excellent benefits. Please email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate consideration.
Mindseeker, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Mindseeker – Better Minds Lead to Better Business