To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Dallas, TX
- Lisa Wilson
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Paper Machine Superintendent
Posted 8 days ago
VERSO CORPORATION is a leading North American producer of printing, specialty papers, and pulp. We are currently seeking a Paper Machine Superintendent for our Escanaba, MI area.
To plan, direct and maintain efficient manufacturing operation of the E3 paper machine meeting safety, production and quality requirements.
- Provide leadership in safety excellence.
- Implement and lead paper machine area improvements by following Verso’s Operational Excellence business model.
- Close R-Gap budget initiatives by focusing on the three circles of improvement – People, Technical, Process Systems.
- Convert the business plan to a daily operations plan.
- Provide technical expertise in daily operations.
- Coordinate repairs and maintenance; establish priorities for repair work; schedule shutdowns to optimize maintenance repairs.
- Participate in Capital Projects planning and budgeting.
- Bachelor’s degree in pulp & paper science, chemical engineering, mechanical engineering or a related field or equivalent work experience.
- 10+ years of related paper, operational, or manufacturing/industrial experience.
- Thorough understanding of unit operations, process equipment, and technology.
- In depth knowledge of plant operations, maintenance spending constraints, production commitments, costs, margins, capital projects, small projects and turnarounds.
- Ability to give encouragement, guidance, and direction to others to improve performance.
- Ability to listen generously and practice open advocacy.
- Ability to reach a conclusion using relevant information and data and to determine the best course of action in a timeframe that is consistent with business requirements.
- Proven experience with several leadership behaviors: Leading and Advocating Change, Drive for Results, Communication, Managerial Courage, Building and Effective Team, and Managing through Systems.
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of personnel, both union and management.
- Ability to motivate and direct those supervised, as well as the ability to develop organizational talent.