$70-80K + bonus
Our manufacturing client is actively searching for a Safety Engineer in the Ames, IA area. This Engineer will establish, enforce and oversee programs that drive year-over-year improvement in safety and ergonomics performance while sustaining highest environmental quality standards.
- Involved in the design and development of facilities, work areas and work procedures and makes health, safety and environmental recommendations accordingly.
- Engage in the development of methods to drive continuous improvement of HSE practices.
- Assemble, manage and update health, safety and environmental policy and procedure manuals.
- Assist in ensuring compliance with all HSE regulations, keep up to date changes to laws and regulations that impact the organization.
- May serve as a contact with regulatory bodies.
- Competitive compensation package (Performance Based Bonus)
- Benefits package
- Relocation assistance
- Excellent Succession plan in place for growth potential
Safety Supervisor, Safety Engineer, EHS, health, environment, safety, training, ergonomics
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- 1+ year experience in safety and health.
- Knowledge of health, safety, environmental and workers compensation best practices.
- Skilled to influence culture is a big plus.
- Expertise in data and problem analysis, creative problem solving and solution thinking.
- Competent in driving continuous improvement in HSE.
- Bi-lingual (English-Spanish) is a plus.
Health Safety And Environment
Complex Problem Solving
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
Job ID: KS1000
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Apple & Associates is an executive search firm that specializes in the Pharmaceutical, Medical Device, Biotech, Consumer Products, Manufacturing, Banking, Plastics and Rubber Industries. We provide extensive coverage of these worldwide markets and have forged a solid reputation in the industry as a competent, aggressive, and resource-rich recruiting firm. Apple & Associates is a nation-wide employment search company. We belong to Top Echelon Network, Inc. and Intercity Personnel Associates (IPA), large recruiting networks with several hundred search firms' each from around the country. Through these networks, we can share confidentially coded information about a job and receive qualified candidates within a short period of time. The advantage for you is that with one phone call you not only have rapid access to our candidates, but also to several hundred recruiting firm’s industry specific resources and candidates. Because our executive recruiters specialize in different industry segments, we can give you the service you deserve in a fast, focused, and efficient manner. We realize the importance of hiring professionals who understand and are able to assimilate with your company’s business model, culture, process, equipment, and materials. Our team has studied the hiring decisions that make the firms in the Pharmaceutical and Medical Device industries so successful. Our candidates will meet the standard your company is striving for, with the technical and industry background to match.
View the full profile