· Responsible for the design and execution of power tests performed on products for new product development activities.
· Determines processes, schedules and procedures, equipment selection, coordination with outside labs (i.e. Power Labs) and is responsible for the creation of the initial Test Report (data and other evidence).
· In depth knowledge of the applicable IEEE and IEC standards
· Understands the physics of power testing and possible failure modes, interrupting process, dielectric testing, etc. TRV, arcing times
· Effective communication with Test engineers, Designers, Customers)
· Develop and conduct (execute) test programs to meet project requirements and travel to outside labs is required.
· Prepare detailed test procedures based on industry standards. Provides directions to lab technicians.
· Identify equipment requirements to conduct each test and coordinate scheduling to ensure the availability of this equipment.
· Monitor test preparation and execution to ensure safety of the personnel and equipment utilized in conducting each test.
· Analyze test results, prepare a comprehensive written report.
· Maintain Test Report Database, maintain standards library
· Maintain up-to-date knowledge of applicable ANSI, IEEE, IEC, UL and other standards.
· Assist in the design, construction and installation of equipment as required to improve test operations.
· Develop schedules, coordinate and manage projects of minor to major size with little to no supervision.
· BS in Electrical Engineering with emphasis on electrical power. MUST be in Electrical Engineering
· 5+ years electrical testing on electrical power equipment
· Demonstrated background of power engineering
· Familiarity with ANSI, IEEE, IEC, UL and other standards required
· Technical writing skills - writing test reports
· Willingness to travel to perform tests in outside labs – International travel may be required
· Ability to write technical documents such as test reports, engineering standards and technical papers.