To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- New Bedford, MA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
RN On Call - 5934
Ascend Hospice • New Bedford, MA
Posted 2 months ago
RN On Call Nurse – Weymouth, Randolph, Brockton, Dedham, New Bedford, Needham, Newton,
Hours: Monday-Thursday 5:00 pm-8:30 am
2,500.00 SIGN ON BONUS
Ascend Hospice - is part of the Ascend family of Healthcare Companies. Our mission is to define excellence within the health care community. We are dedicated to inspiring people to live better lives through innovative health and wellness programs, products and services. We treat residents, their families and each other with respect, dignity and compassion. Through a collaborative and consultative approach, we strive to provide a framework of strength and stability for our patients, families and associates. We work to maintain the highest standards of care and service for our patients, families and valued employees.
We are proud to Offer:
- Competitive Salaries
• Comprehensive Healthcare Benefits
• 401(k) Retirement Plan
• Paid Time Off
• Mileage Reimbursement
• Opportunities to advance and grow your career
• And More!
If working with people who are dedicated, compassionate, and concerned about their patients is essential to you, then you'll appreciate being a part of our team. We've built a strong reputation on the outstanding level of care that we provide.
Ascend Hospice is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The RN-On Call Nurse is responsible for, but not limited to:
- Assumes responsibility for a patient visit or on call schedule which includes the assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating phases of the nursing process
- Provides hospice nursing care based on systematic assessment docusing on pain control and symptom management
- Initiates communication with attending physicians, other hospice staff members and other agencies as needed to coordinate care and use of resources for the patient/family
- Maintains regular communication with direct supervisor to review assignments
- Maintains up to date documentation at point of service so that problems, plans, actions and goals are accurately and clearly stated and charges are reflected as they occur in accordance with agency policy and Medicare regulation
- Administers medication in accordance with all federal and state laws and the policies of the Hospice along with LTC staff
- Maintains current patient records and documents in accordance with the policies of Ascend Hospice to ensure that problems, intervention, goals and outcomes are accurately and clearly states and charges are reflected as they occur
- Assess and collaborates with Medical Director to determine initial and on going eligibility of the hospice patient
- Completes an initial assessment of patient and family to determine home care needs
- Can anticipate end stage disease process and related pain and symptom management
- Regularly re-evaluates patient's nursing needs
- Uses assessment data to determine care plan needs
- Initiates appropriate preventive and palliative nursing procedures
- Counsels the patient and family in meeting end of life needs
- Performs a comprehensive death note when appropriate
- Communicates with the physician regarding the patient's needs and reports any changes in the patient's condition
- Communicates with other members of the IDT to coordinate the care plan
- Participates in On-call duties as defined by the on-call policy
- Ensures that arrangements for equipment and other necessary items and services are needed
Associate's Degree in Nursing
- Must have a State Certified RN license
- Must have prior Hospice or Home Health experience, REQUIRED
- Must have excellent documentation skills and the ability to work independently.
- Strong communication skills.
- Valid driver's license & reliable transportation.
- Must be available and willing to travel extensively within locally assigned territory.