Tool & Die Maker
KWKS Executive Search
Reference # 544
Our client, a World-Class Manufacturer in the automotive industry, is currently seeking Tool & Die Maker's, at several locations to join their team.
- Maintain physical plant and equipment to ensure 100% production up-time.
- Maintain, PM and build robust tooling for equipment.
- Safety of all manufacturing equipment and facilities in the plant
- Tool & Die Maker certificate and/or equivalent 5 years of related work experience or equivalent
- Good English Communication Skills (oral and written)
- Thorough knowledge of blueprint reading and interpretation
- Thorough knowledge of operating tool room and production equipment (grinding, milling, lathe)
- Possess good mathematical and mechanical aptitude
- Knowledge of GD+T
- Excellent troubleshooting for dies, cutting tools, (end forming, crimping and bending an asset)
Critical Success Factors:
- Excellent attendance
- Must be willing to work flexible shifts and hours
- Ability to work independently without supervision and with minimum direction
- Ability to work in a team environment and be both a team player and team leader
- Support and contribute to the Quality Systems and Environmental Systems Requirements
- Ensure that all duties and tasks are carried out in a safe and efficient manner and at no time is the employee or their co-workers placed in an unsafe condition
- Support Quality Systems and Environmental Management Systems Requirements
- Ability to utilize problem-solving techniques
- Respecting and understanding of the Customer / Supplier relationship
- Professional and timely completion of tool room projects consistently
- Timely and organized response to tooling related problems that impact production requirements
- Must be willing to work other shifts or perform other duties/tasks that are of a reasonable request by Management
- Develop dies, tools, and processes as required
- To build replacement tools and dies for production use as required or internally capable
- Provide assistance, guidance, and advice to Junior Tool & Die, Makers and Apprentices, as required
- Liaise with internal departments for design input, fabrication and modifications to tools and dies
- Ensure timely completion of repairs, new dies, tooling, fixtures, etc as required so production is not interrupted
- Ensure preventative maintenance program are done on tools and dies based on assigned schedules
- Troubleshooting of tools and record-keeping of tool development and troubleshooting
- Follow MCPC when working on production concerns, complete paperwork to close protocols.
- Follow all lockout/tag-out procedures as required
- Responsible to maintain good housekeeping on the work area and die parts at all times
- Follow company policies on Health, Safety & Environment and PPE requirements
- Contribute to the continuous improvement initiatives on all aspect of the job
- Any other duties as needed
- Plant floor (PPE required)
- Constant communication with employees, support departments and management
- Overtime as required
Health and Safety Responsibilities
- Identify and report any hazard(s) in the workplace;
- Report any accidents, injuries requiring first aid, health care, lost-time injuries, Occupational diseases or incidents;
- Use equipment, materials, and machinery only as authorized;
- Follow procedures and wear personal protective equipment as outlined in the health and safety manual
- Must work in accordance with Health and Safety regulations
- Perform other duties as required
- Working in a great team environment.
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance.
- 401K with company match.
- Short term and long term disability coverage.
- Safety shoe and prescription safety glasses reimbursement.
- Supplier discounts.
- Tuition reimbursement and training opportunities.
Minimum 5 years of experience in Tool & Die Maintenance, Making and repair within the Metal Stamping industry.
Journeyman Tool & die maker highly prefered.