To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Salt Lake City, UT
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Controls Engineer - IA
Relevant Solutions, LLC. • Salt Lake City, UT
Posted 28 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The Project Engineer will work with the Project Manager and the Lead Engineer in projects that will vary in scope. The primary responsibility is to assure that all assigned projects meets or exceeds the expectations of our clients from the perspectives of functionality and quality. It is also important that this position has the ability to multi-task and manage projects assigned and keep track of hours and documentation that is specifically assigned to the task.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Work with the engineering team on multiple concurrent automation projects
· Act as an direct technical resource for the Project Managers
· Participate in the development of engineering standards
· Promote the use of pre-defined engineering standards in automation projects
· Work with project managers to assign engineering assets to projects
· Provide direction of project planning, technical management and implementation
· Review the work product of the project engineering team to assure conformance to design standards
· Participate in project meetings to assure quality and timeliness of project deliverables
· Participate in teams that define customer requirements
· Interact with customers, both internal & external, to assure performance and quality meets or exceeds expectations
o Software engineering including control code, HMI/SCADA configuration, network development, etc.
o Hardware engineering including control panel design, electrical design, skid design
o Factory Acceptance Testing (planning, implementation and reporting)
· Typical control system platforms used by Relevant Solutions and preferably like to have the Engineer have if not one or two of the following platform experiences:
o Allen-Bradley Logix family of controllers
o Rockwell Factory Talk HMI/SCADA
o Triconex plc
o Modicon PLC
o Honeywell Experion HS/LS (C200)
o Honeywell HC-900
o Siemens S7/300 & S7/400 /1200
o Siemens SIMATIC HMI/SCADA
o GE PAC Systems / Versamax / 90/70 /RX3I
o GE Simplicity HMI/SCADA
o Clear Scada
· Typical applications / markets supported by Relevant Solutions include:
o Fired Equipment Control (Burner Management, Boiler Control, Combustion Control, Fuel Handling)
o Gas Processing (Wellhead Control, Compression, Amine, Dehy, Refrigeration, fractionation, turbo expansion, etc.)
o Riser Tension Monitoring (for Spar and TLP type platforms)
o Batch Chemical
o Heat Treat
o Power Generation
o Pulp & Paper
· Bachelor’s degree or higher in an engineering discipline desired but not mandatory depending on experience
· Must have field experience and Plant experience
· Be able to understand FEED Study and have the ability to write Control Narratives, Function Narratives.
· Combustion experience is highly desirable not a must
· Minimum of 5 years relevant work experience in design and development of PLC and DCS based control systems
· A combination of experience and education that meet the minimum requirements may be considered
· Previous experience successfully leading design and development in an engineering environment