Medical Transportation Coordinator
Provides support to the One Call Managed Care / Group Health Transportation business by coordinating transportation services to members via telephone and/or Internet (e.g. instant message, email). Coordinating transportation services includes (as examples): completing intake of member order/request, assessing appropriate mode of transportation, scheduling rides with network providers, monitoring trips, proactively resolving issues and confirming successful completion of trips. In addition, the Medical Transportation Coordinator will/may handle inquiries from both members, providers and health plans and resolve issues with both members and providers in a timely manner to mitigate member complaints and grievances. Performs other administrative duties as requested.
We're the Heart and Soul of the ONE CALL Family . We CARE about getting people well. Our jobs are fantastic!!! We love our customers and want to make a personal connection with everyone that emails, texts or calls. Our highly skilled MEDICAL TRANSPORTATION Coordinators have the freedom to reach for the best customer experience & just simply have an authentic conversation with our members.
What you'll be doing:
- Helping people get well, providing helpful leadership in vital transportation services to members via telephone and/or Internet (e.g. instant message, email).
- Providing an extraordinary member experience, with simple to complex inquiries, resolving issues in the most highly effective, relatable & timely manner, exceeding customer expectations, and mitigating member complaints.
- Coordinating transportation services includes (as examples): using good judgement in how best to satisfy members’ needs, in such areas as: completing intake of member order/request, assessing appropriate mode of transportation, scheduling rides with network providers, monitoring trips, using helpful leadership & foresight to proactively resolving issues and confirming successful completion of trips.
- Through a series of pre-defined questions, assess the member’s eligibility and needs in order to determine appropriate mode of transportation and confirm that the service is covered
POSITION REQUIREMENTS-What you bring to the party…
- Knowledge and/or experience in a managed care environment interacting with health plan members preferred not required
- Knowledge and/or experience with transportation services preferred not required
- HS diploma or GED. Some college education preferable or equivalent combination of education and hands on training-Education will be verified during onboarding
- This is a work from home position. Home office set up and access to reliable internet is needed. Must have internet connectivity with at least 25 Mbps down/5Mbps up broadband access
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Excellent customer service skills that build high levels of customer satisfaction
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Computer navigation and operation skills
- Demonstrates effective people skills and sensitivities when dealing with others
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Ability to work through and resolve issues and inquiries with clients.
***If working with federal government clients, an employee is required to receive federal government clearance for handling sensitive information. Employee is also required to receive annual security awareness training and other training as required for business segment.