Senior Manager – Investment Accounting and Operations
Please note - Hartford, CT ara role - Relo provided!
Our client is a rapidly growing fund of funds and strategic investment management firm with an international presence. They are involved with specialty investments and create sponsored private equity and real estate investment funds which are managed across a complex network of holdings. The organizations’ outstanding investment returns and performance, their specialized expertise, honesty and transparency have allowed them to grow from formation to in excess of $27 billion in AUM. Today, they are partnered across the globe and new fund launches are quickly over-subscribed.
At the CT based home office, culture has always been key. The company thrives on teamwork, positive attitudes, and collaboration. Excellent compensation and benefits are of course included. Beyond that is a work/life balance culture and a professionalism that sets them apart.
As a Senior Manager, you will be a CPA with deep technical accounting skills, demonstrated leadership characteristics, and knowledge of investments and financial services.
In this critical role, the Senior Manager will be responsible for:
· Team Building: Selecting, mentoring, developing and retaining high quality analysts, associates and fund accountants across a spectrum of specialty funds.
· Create detailed reviews of quarterly investment performance which allow for metrics, analysis, and yield a reporting transparency reflective of the company’s culture.
· Oversee teams in the review of accounting operations activities which include detailed review of journal entries, production of financial statements, waterfall allocations, and efforts around proper documentation and accounting treatment.
· Coordinate cash management with various parties, assure fund solvency and liquidity, oversee capital call and distribution calculations.
Applicants should have the following credentials:
· CPA or another relevant certification in conjunction with an accounting degree.
· At least 10 years of experience which includes exposure to investments in private equity and real estate.
· An understanding of distributions and waterfalls.
· Excellent staff management skills.
· Outstanding relationship building skills with internal and external constituencies.
Coaching And Mentoring