To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Kansas City, KS
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Acuity Eyecare Group • Kansas City, KS
Posted 28 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
About the Company
Acuity Eyecare Group (AEG) is a rapidly growing community of wholly-owned Optical Practices that feature Full-Scope Optometry adjacent to a well-run Dispensary. We are building a collection of top local Optical businesses – primarily OD-owned – and integrating them onto the AEG platform. In the process, we maintain the local brand, OD staff, Store Associates, Patients/Customers – while making investments that enable the team take better care of the patients and customers in their neighborhood. The core purpose that unifies all of our Doctors and Associates is to “improve the health of our community by helping our neighbors see better and look their best, one patient at a time”.
We are a new company (Mar 2017) that is supported by Riata – a fast moving Private Equity firm with a proven track record of success in the Optical Industry. Today, we have 70 shops under 6 different local brand names across 8 states – with a vision to exceed 300 locations covering most of the U.S. within 5 years.
We are assembling an all-star team of experienced industry professionals to help build AEG into the best place to work, shop, invest, and have an outstanding patient experience.
The District Manager (DM) reports directly to the Regional Vice President (RVP) and typically has responsibility for 10-15 stores within a designated geography. The DM is responsible for the delivery of our shared Key Performance Indicators (The Acuity Way) and our Customer Service Model (S.E.R.V.E.). Additionally, the DM is responsible for the implementation of key programs for our store teams that balance driving top line sales while protecting bottom line profitability.
AEG’s philosophy is to drive results through an emphasis on TALENT. The DM is responsible for creating a “Culture of Talent” within the District that includes: a) Recruitment of top leaders, b) Building a bench of next level leaders, c) Coaching & Developing store level leaders to build strong cohesive store/district teams, d) Collaborating with diverse groups within AEG (e.g. Doctors, Supply Chain, IT, HR, Dallas Service Center) and e) Modeling AEG’s Core Values: People First, Collaboration, Entrepreneurial Spirit, Focus and Accountability.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities
- Builds Plans to deliver profitable District sales measured by our Acuity Way focuses
- Ensures the delivery of our Customer Satisfaction and improves Net Promoter Score
- Ensures the practice manager and the OD’s have a strong working relationship through regular co-planning and builds strong relationships with our P.C. Doctors.
- Proactively recruit, hire, train, develop, motivate and retain top talent.
- Helps lead the Integration of newly acquired businesses and assists with plugging them into the AEG common platform – Acuity Way, Lab, Acuity HD Lenses, Warranty, Labor Scheduling, People, Accounting, IT, Managed Care, etc.
- Ensures all operating policies and procedures are followed at the highest level to include merchandising, store presentation, timely and accurate completion of all sales transactions, and utilization of all sales strategies and resources.
- Execution of inventory management, controls loss prevention and discounting policies
- May be asked to provide assistance with Operations related projects not listed in this description.
Our Core Purpose - We are a caring community of local eyecare providers that improves the health of our neighbors, helping them see better and look their best, one patient at a time.
Our Core Values
- People First – We put the needs of our patients, customers and each other above all else, and treat others the way they want to be treated.
- Collaboration – We are a team that values relationships and builds trust through authenticity, transparency, and appreciation of others.
- Entrepreneurial Spirit – We are passionate about growth and innovative ideas achieved through flexibility and resourcefulness.
- Focus – We strive to always keep things simple and focused on what is most important.
- Accountability – We follow through on our commitments and take responsibility for our works and our actions.
- Competitive Salary and Bonus program
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance
- Paid time off and Holidays
- 401K matching
- Vol Life and AD&D
- Car Allowance
- College degree is preferred and/or a strong track record of achievement in multi-store Store Operations.
- Optical industry experience is preferred but not required
- Effectively collaborates, gains alignment and leads multiple brands across the organization
- Works well under pressure, meets deadlines, is very organized and responsive
- Operates well in ambiguity and uses sound judgement
- Strong people/communication and development skills
- Ability to Travel 50-75% of the time.
- Preferred 5 Years of multi-unit management experience.