Job Title: Business Systems Analyst
Long Term Contract To Hire
W2 only - (No C2C)
Only USC and Green Card
Location: Jacksonville Beach FL Partially Remote.
Job Description: Senior Gateway IT Business Systems Analyst / Quality Tester
• Collect and analyze information to formulate the scope and objectives of technology solutions.
• Conducts feasibility studies to design possible technology solutions. Writes system and programming specifications so that when the system is implemented it will meet user needs.
• Provides input into cost estimations and project plans.
• Prepares and maintains technical documentation including flow charts, models, and procedures, user guides, and scorecards and reporting to assist with the ongoing operation and maintenance of technology solutions.
• Assigned to complex projects, systems or initiatives. Senior IT Systems Analysts lead efforts, oversee work results, provide training and serve as a technical resource for other IT Systems Analyst.
• Analyzes business requirements to determine technical requirements and identifies impacted areas/systems/processes and evaluates alternative solutions
• Researches and assists in designs solutions for general maintenance requests to resolve system problems
• Prepares detailed system requirements and assists in functional design solutions for new products/functionality and enhancements to existing products/functionality
• Provide oversight and final review of design specification
• Lead effort to identify and evaluate alternative solutions
• Take the initiative to seek out areas of improvement
• Act as a design team leader to ensure progress against goals and timely reporting to management
• Assigned to highly complex projects, systems or initiatives
• Act as a mentor, providing coaching and guidance and reviewing work of other SAs. Oversees the design artifacts produced by other
SAs to ensure the necessary design considerations were made
• Provides input into forecasting and project‐planning for scope/requirements documents and/or vendor contracts to minimize risk to on time, cost effective solution fulfillment.
• Prepares high level proposals that identify viable options to address the client’s needs. Works with appropriate parties to gain
approval of proposal and initiate work.
• Leads a systematic process for capturing requirements. Works with partners to capture requirements in a standard format that can serve as the foundation for developing technical documentation.
• Using SDLC processes and associated tools, analyzes current system targeted for replacement/enhancement to determine business and technical functions to be included in design.
• Works with Developers and other IT staff to determine system components and functional flow of components and data between components.
• May determine the best‐suited technology to meet the business requirements.
• Creates detailed program specifications from which a developer can code.
Validates the design documentation with the appropriate parties and receives approval on these documents. Reviews final design documents to ensure that they clearly explain the work expectations.
• Clarifies design expectations. Answers business and technical questions. Researches and involves appropriate parties to resolve more complex business and technical issues.
• Continuously assesses systems as business direction changes for impacts to existing designs. Understands impacts and works as appropriate to determine best solution.
• Provide consultative support for the systems within their product family
Partner with BSA and other IT staff to ensure the design fulfills business and technical requirements
• Responsible for relationship management responsibilities for assigned vendors
• Prepare technical documentation and deliverables including flow charts, models, and procedures, user guides, scorecards and reporting.
• Ensures adherence to practices, standards, policies and procedures.
• Assists in test execution for various system components.
• Prepares complex test strategies to ensure comprehensive coverage of system components and interfaces provides SME level expertise and recommends test strategies and scenarios for junior level analysts.
• Influences business/stakeholders and/or is instrumental in driving business decisions while proposing solutions built on Value Proposition
• Develops and documents vetted contingency plans in case of risks or roadblocks
• Advocates effective solutions that are flexible to accommodate future enhancements
• Responsible for consensus and relationship building between Business, IT teams and BRMs
• Accountable for clearly linking the IT solution to the business vision/strategy while coaching junior analysts to help them understand the business priorities
• Extensive experience with Agile and Waterfall Software Development lifecycles
• Accountable for writing a test plan and executing test cases as needed.
• Other duties as assigned
Additional Required Skills:
• Extensive knowledge of X12 and HL7 Healthcare transactions.
• Data mapping experience.
• Knowledge of electronic gateway systems.
• Experience implementing B2B connectivity solutions.
• Minimum of six years work experience is a similar job function.
• Healthcare Payer experience preferred
• Experience with Edifecs tools such as SpecBuilder preferred.
Comments for Suppliers: Candidates should have EDI/X12 as well as Healthcare knowledge. Edifecs Smart Trading platform experience is preferred as well.
**Role is a QA/BSA blend with primary focus on BSA.