Baker Electric is hiring an electrical Service Manager. Our Service Manager is responsible for managing electrical service accounts and ensuring the highest level of customer service to our clients. In this role you will be the face of the company, speaking with clients about their electrical service needs, scoping the work, and managing the project through completion.
As a successful Service Manager, you will need to thrive in a fast paced environment and have excellent organizational and customer service skills.
Benefits: 401k match, PTO, medical/dental/vision, and more!
Baker Electric has been in business since 1938 and is a fourth generation, full service electrical contractor. We have completed projects throughout Southern California and our project portfolio includes commercial, healthcare, public works, multi-family, utility and commercial scale solar, and service and controls.
The Baker Values that we hold true to our customers and employees are: Integrity, Pursuit of Excellence, Family Spirit, Ethics, and Innovation. Baker is a place where careers are made, lives are enriched and successes are celebrated.
Baker Electric, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage applications from all individuals regardless of race, religion, color, sex, pregnancy, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry, age, marital status, physical or mental disability or status as a Special Disabled Veteran, Vietnam Era Veteran or other qualifying veteran, political affiliation or belief. Baker Electric, Inc. is committed to building and maintaining an inclusive environment.
TO BE SUCCESSFUL – EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE / SKILLS / ABILITIES:
- 3+ years of electrical service experience
- 2+ years of experience managing construction projects and/or electrical estimating
- Contracting experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Attention to detail and sense of urgency must come naturally
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Manage service schedules based on customer schedules, estimated hours, electrical tasks, milestones, resource leveling, service guidelines and service project criteria.
- Lead service project job walks and estimates.
- Develop cost estimates for internal review and submission to service customers.
- Lead the review of project plans and specifications for completeness and accuracy.
- Work closely with the Service Engineer and Coordinator to ensure technical assistance is coordinated for Service Technicians when required and Tier-Subcontractor scheduling with Baker Electric Project Foremen is complete
- Confer with customers, inter-departmental personnel and field forces, representatives of agencies, engineering firms, contractors, developers, manufacturers and distributors; regarding acquisition, product supply or project related questions or issues.
- Identify and implement value-engineering and pre-fabrication opportunities if applicable for larger Service Projects.
- Coordinate and submit RFI to owner or architect/engineer working to resolve issues in a timely manner so as not to cause impact to the Service work or Service project.
- Review internal, supplier and subcontractor submittals or shop drawings for conformance to project documents and manage the submittal process ensuring project deadlines are adhered to.
- Manage the closing of the project by coordinating the completion of the project punch list if applicable with the customer or owner.
- Attend project meetings, job walks and other meetings
- Process Baker Electric field generated Time and Material tickets reviewing for completeness and accuracy looking for material and systems that may be incomplete or inaccurately reported by the field technician.
- Manage the financial reporting process for service projects.
- Develop project change order estimates and proposals.
Automotive Service Excellence