OEM Sales Representative – West Coast
The OEM Sales Rep, who will be responsible for the Western Half of the US, will work with established customers and identify new opportunities to expand the company’s market share within the Industrial and Laboratory compressed air market place. The successful OEM Sales Rep works closely with partners, end users, and the National Sales Manager to develop sales and marketing strategies based on customer needs, competition and market potential. Successful individuals will have an entrepreneurial mindset, with key account management experience.
The successful execution of territory sales and marketing strategies will require supporting partners with sales training that will include competitive response, making joint sales calls on prospective customers and navigating cross-functional challenges at a corporate level. A consultative sales approach combined with strong sales “hunter” characteristics are common among our top performers.
WHO WE ARE:
Powerex has been a part of the Berkshire Hathaway family of companies for more than 30 years. Due to significant growth in recent years, we are seeking additional talented and energetic individuals to join our team. These new High-Potential Leaders will be critical to guiding Powerex’ future growth. Powerex manufactures industry-leading Medical Gas Equipment for many critical applications within Hospitals and University Laboratories in addition to designing and assembling Compressed Air and Vacuum solutions for use in a variety of Industrial applications including buses, light rail, and food & beverage processing.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND SUPERVISOR RESPONSIBILITIES:
The OEM Sales Rep – West Coast reports to the National Sales Manager and will be responsible for:
● Understanding the company’s business position with: current sales partners, major end users and competitors.
● Manage customer relationship at a corporate level aligning all resources from sales, marketing, engineering, contract negotiations to ensure customer satisfaction
● Intricate knowledge of account applications, details and market pressures
● Creating a territory business plan designed to increase the promotion of company products; this will include understanding the sales and marketing efforts of company products.
● Developing strong direct relationships with major end users, including a high level of customer satisfaction, so the end users can be used as reference accounts.
● Identify new potential partners in the Mid-West/Eastern territory and understand what value our products bring to their current solution. Based on this analysis, develop a plan to bring additional partners up to the best of the region.
● Develop territory knowledge and apply strategies to grow sales network and increase overall footprint.
● Manage an established list of approximately 15 accounts, helping to grow current sales and establish channels for new growth.
● Identify new markets and potential new customers/applications.