REGIONAL DIRECTOR MARKETING & COMMUNICATIONS
POSITION SUMMARY :
The Regional Director Marketing & Communications directs the strategic marketing and communications plan to achieve the goals of Shriners Hospitals for Children (SHC) and directs all marketing and communications initiatives including, but not limited to, budgeting, media relations, writing, editing, digital content (website and social media), internal and external communications. The Regional Director reports to facility leadership, Board of Governors, and communicates regularly with the Senior Regional Director and Home Office. The Regional Director actively builds and maintains relationships with media outlets, community partners, non-profits and other stakeholders and serves as facility spokesperson/Public Information Officer (PIO). The Regional Director provides marketing and communications support and works closely with Donor Relations and Business Development, and maintains positive relations and open communication with members of the health care community and Shriners International fraternity in the local market.
This position will cover the Cincinnati/Dayton, OH and Lexington, KY locations.
Management and Supervision 45%
● Direct marketing and communications strategic plan to support facility and system goals
● Member of facility leadership team
● Report regularly to administrator, Board of Governors, leadership team and home office Marketing & Communications leadership
● Provides reports on department activity and progress toward goals to facility leadership, Board of Governors and home office Marketing & Communications.
● Create and follow department budget, anticipating needs for future adjustments
● Analyze local market data and national health care trends to inform strategy
● Serve as facility spokesperson/PIO
● Supervise, mentor, train and instruct direct report(s)
● Collaborate and serve in leadership roles with internal teams, especially Business Development, Donor Relations, and home office Marketing & Communications
Strategic Communications 25%
● Write, edit and post content for SHC website, location microsite, intranet and social media channels.
● Research, write, edit and submit patient stories and other articles to support marketing, donor relations and business development
● Develop and oversee digital content and execute location- and system-wide strategy
● Direct internal communications
● Follow AP style and SHC identity standards
● Acts as media escort within facility
● Research, write and distribute press releases and media advisories
Collaborative Communications 25%
● Direct Shriners International temple relations
● Model brand ambassador, enthusiasm, positive morale and teamwork among employees
● Manage facility special events such as public celebrations, celebrity and VIP visits and others as requested
● Ensure confidentiality and patient privacy during tours, events and media visits
● Presentations and public speaking to Shriners International temples, community organizations or groups
● Travel as needed to attend meetings or represent SHC at community, temple or fundraising events
● Establishes and maintains excellent relationships with members of the Board of Governors, location administrator, leadership team and home office leadership.
Departmental Support 5%
● Upload photos, videos and consents to Digital Assets Management system
● Research media outlets and maintain current media contact list, using media monitoring platform