Are you an experienced Mechanic looking for 1st SHIFT MAINTENANCE MECHANIC opportunities in the Greater SCRANTON, PA area? Do you have electrical and mechanical PM experience with ovens conveyors, pumps, and blast freezers? Do you have experience in a FOOD MANUFACTURING facility?
If you have answered YES to any of these questions, then you may be what our client is looking for in their next Maintenance Mechanic! This is an excellent DIRECT HIRE opportunity with a growing company that offers a new facility, a competitive compensation package, full benefits, overtime, paid holidays, short & long term disability, FSA account, and 401K with company match, and PTO! If this is for you or someone you know, please forward a current resume to: URL blocked - click to apply
Culture and Perks
Our culture is innovative and fun! We care about our employees and enjoy making them feel welcomed and appreciated every day in our new state of the art facility. Break time comes easy with free caffeine at your fingertips. Café Lattes not your thing? No problem! Recharge your batteries, with our lunchtime lounge chairs and charging stations!
The Maintenance Mechanic maintains, repairs, installs, and designs equipment to support the Operations teams according to the Health Safety and Industry Standards.
· Disassembles, reassembles, and rebuilds gearboxes, valves, cylinders, solenoid valves, pumps, and other factory-related equipment
· Has the ability to function under highly stressful conditions and interact cordially with co-workers to accomplish common tasks
· Must be capable of diagnosing equipment failures and machinery problems on his/her own, and take corrective action to restore it back to safe operating conditions as soon as possible
· Understands the preventive maintenance system and directs its implementation
· Must maintain work logs, work orders, PM sheets, and breakdown reports, and take
corrective actions when necessary
· Ability to understand technical equipment manuals and diagrams.
· Has functional understanding of English for safety and following job specific instructions.
· Pipe threading using appropriate tools, perform basic copper soldering
· Ability to size sprockets and pulleys to determine speed ratios, and to distinguish chain, sprockets, and V-belt sizes and types
· Measure and determine types and sizes, and proper handling of bearings and to designate bearing numbers for placement of parts orders
· Demonstrate the ability to adjust tracking of product conveyor belts
· Understand batch, continuous and packaging automation
· Capable of welding with Heli-arc in vertical and horizontal positions
· Uses oxy/acetylene torch in cutting and brazing including the proper pressures
· Demonstrate proper use of inert flush gases with respect to welding
The Ideal Candidate
· High school graduate – able to read and write in English and Spanish functionally.
· 3 years prior experience as an industrial/ manufacturing maintenance mechanic.
· 2 year degree/ certificate from technical/vocational school, preferred
· Ability to perform unit measures, conversion calculations and mathematical calculations necessary to perform job duties, and to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry
Boiler maintenance, Welding certification, Refrigeration Certification
Brazing (Metal Work)
Pipe (Fluid Conveyance)