At JLL we are always looking for great talent in Charlotte, NC. The description listed below is for a position we will recruit for in the near future, and is not a current need. If you are a fit for this position, we will contact you as soon as we begin actively recruiting for it.
If you would like to stay up to date on positions at JLL, please join our Talent Network.
About JLL –
We’re JLL. We’re a professional services and investment management firm specializing in real estate. We help organizations around the world achieve their ambitions by owning, occupying and investing in real estate.
We’re a Fortune 500 company. We work across 80 countries, in 280 different offices, with a team of over 77,000 individuals. And we look after a property portfolio of over 4bn square feet, all on behalf of our clients.
If you’re looking to step up your career, JLL is the perfect professional home. At JLL, you’ll have a chance to innovate with the world’s leading businesses, put that expertise into action on landmark projects, and work on game-changing real estate initiatives. You’ll also make long-lasting professional connections through sharing different perspectives, and you’ll be inspired by the best. We’re focused on opportunity and want to help you make the most of yours. Achieve your ambitions – join us at JLL!
Responsible for the operational management and effective daily leadership and administration of the engineering team with the objectives of safely, efficiently, and effectively operating machinery and systems in a cost-effective manner. The Chief Engineer must ensure the highest level of professionalism, while meeting the clients’ needs, and a commitment to achieving the goal of 100% uptime throughout the engineering team. Responsible for protecting and improving the value of the client’s assets and ensuring that building engineering systems continue to perform their intended function. The Chief Engineer will implement and manage the reliability-based maintenance function. The incumbent also executes equipment inspection and monitoring programs; defines and implements maintenance best practices to improve overall mechanical equipment uptime; and continuously evaluates current maintenance, operations and reliability methods and implements changes to enhance effectiveness at increasing value-maximizing performance.
- Monitors operation and maintains refrigeration, water cooling and air conditioning equipment; boilers, heating, ventilating and hot water equipment; pumps, valves, piping and filters; other mechanical and electrical equipment; reviewing logs as necessary to assure proper operation of equipment; responsible for reporting any problems/malfunctions on an as need basis. Performs preventive tasks when required. Oversees repair and P.M. of HVAC systems; determines frequency of repair and/or P.M. for HVAC systems
- Insures the availability of an adequate inventory of tools and other supplies to operate the building. Specific duties include but are not limited to: preparing and submitting purchase orders requests, developing sources for stock materials and performing periodic checks of inventory levels and equipment conditions.
- Responsible for overseeing the activities of contractors working within the building either as representatives of the building itself or tenants operating within the buildings.
- Identify safety hazards within the building and incorporate the remediation of such hazards to ensure that the building’s staff and occupants work in a safe environment. Implement, administer, and manage safety training program.
- Ensure that compliance of all regulatory laws and guidelines are met as they relate to the operation of the building’s infrastructure. Responsible for alerting management of building discrepancies.
- Maintain all infrastructure and compliance documentation for the building including up-to-date building drawings and single-lines as well as documentation mandated for the purpose of maintaining regulatory compliance with Federal, State or Local law.
- Administer the ESCP and ESCP programs in collaboration with the facilities team.
- Supervise and manage engineers and maintenance staff including hiring, training and personal development
- Ensure that the SOPs for the facilities are well-understood amongst the maintenance who perform work on the building’s critical infrastructure.
- Provides training and support aimed at expanding the capabilities of the operations staff. Specific duties include but are not limited to: demonstrating the proper use and care of tools and instruments, giving hands on instruction in basic maintenance, safety and troubleshooting procedures, recommending relevant outside engineering courses for enrollment and instilling an overall level of professionalism in manner and appearance.
- Ensures 100% on-time accomplishment of required training (JLL and customer), for self and direct reports by assigning and tracking.
- Partner with facility manager to meet financial targets and to create and administer the operating and capital budgets.
- Any and all other duties and tasks assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Associate Degree in an engineering discipline or equivalent work experience
- 7+ years facility related work experience, including customer service, leadership and supervisory experience
- Managerial experience required.
- Comprehensive knowledge of maintenance processes.
- Understands aspects of construction planning and execution.
- Exposure to HVAC, fluid handling/pumping, fluid filtering, mechanical systems, welding, and electrical systems engineering and operation.
- Other abilities
- Working knowledge of computer applications including Microsoft Office and CMMS systems
- Demonstrated verbal/written communication skills
- Proven record of excellent internal and external customer service
What you can expect from us –
You’ll join an entrepreneurial, inclusive culture. One where we succeed together – across the desk and around the globe. Where like-minded people work naturally together to achieve great things.
Our Total Rewards program reflects our commitment to helping you achieve your ambitions in career, recognition, wellbeing, benefits and pay. We’ll offer you a competitive salary and benefits package.
Join us to develop your strengths and enjoy a fulfilling career full of varied experiences. Keep those ambitions in sights and imagine where JLL can take you...
JLL Privacy Notice
Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL), together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading global provider of real estate and investment management services. We take our responsibility to protect the personal information provided to us seriously. Generally the personal information we collect from you are for the purposes of processing in connection with JLL’s recruitment process. We endeavour to keep your personal information secure with appropriate level of security and keep for as long as we need it for legitimate business or legal reasons. We will then delete it safely and securely.
For more information about how JLL processes your personal data, please view our URL blocked - click to apply.
For additional details please see our career site pages for each country.
For employees in the United States, please see a fully copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy URL blocked - click to apply.
Jones Lang LaSalle (“JLL”) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process – including the online application and/or overall selection process – you may email us at URL blocked - click to apply. This email is only to request an accommodation. Please direct any other general recruiting inquiries to our URL blocked - click to apply page > I want to work for JLL.