To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Paola, KS 66071
- Misty Brown
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Kelly Engineering Resources • Paola, KS
Posted 30 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
CAD Designer - Paola, KS
Job Summary Under the general direction of the Manager of Engineering, the CAD Designer will work closely with Project Engineers to ensure technical design and fabrication requirements are clearly conveyed on 3D models, 2D drawings, specifications, and/or instructions. Position will have overall responsibility on small projects.
- Technical or trade school certificate in computer aided design and drafting required
- A minimum of 5 years of 3D computer aided design and drafting experience required
- Experience with Autodesk Inventor required
- Exceptional computer design capabilities
- Good mechanical and math aptitude
- Exceptional proficiency with computers
- Bachelor’s degree in design and drafting technology preferred
- Experience with Autodesk AutoCAD Plant 3D piping preferred
- Fabrication, weld shop, or machine shop experience preferred
- Strong knowledge of several programming languages, such as Visual Basic and Autodesk Inventor iLogic preferred
- Provide technical support for Sales during the inquiry process.
- Review customer specifications and project documents for incorporation into drawing notes, bill of materials, and purchase specifications.
- Interface with customer to ensure technical requirements are met.
- Develop the Bill of Materials.
- Produce some mechanical and structural calculations in accordance with the appropriate codes and standards.
- Generate 3D models, 2D drawings, specifications, and instructions necessary to convey project requirements to others.
- Transmit all technical documents to the customer including but not limited to: drawings, calculations, quality plans, weld procedures, etc.
- Respond to shop and field questions and/or non-conformances.
- Identify customer-initiated changes to project scope and generate appropriate cost change notice.
- Learn and remain current with all Code rules and requirements.
- Support shop with layouts, templates, etc.
- Assist with updating of the in-house programs.
- Be involved in the development and revision of Engineering Standards.
- Participate in general process improvements and initiatives.
Kelly puts you in charge of your career, with access to cutting edge projects and technologies in industry leading organizations. Top companies throughout the world have trusted Kelly as a premier source of engineering talent and services since 1965. And engineering job seekers know Kelly as a firm with an unmatched reputation for quality, integrity and professionalism. Whether you seek the variety and flexibility of working on short term project engagements, or prefer contract-to-hire or direct hire placement with our clients, apply with Kelly to explore opportunities that suit your specific professional interests.
As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world and have a role in connecting thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners. Revenue in 2017 was $5.4 billion. Visit kellyservices.com and connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.