Temporary Storm Claims Examiner
Do you have past claims experience and a strong customer service mindset? Do you thrive in a work environment where you must multi-task and have strong organizational skills? Are you a go-getter with high initiative and a positive attitude? If so, this could be a great opportunity for you!
Who We Are: With Farm Bureau Financial Services, our client/members can feel confident knowing their family, home, cars and other property are protected. We value a culture where integrity, teamwork, passion, service, leadership and accountability are at the heart of every decision we make and every action we take. We're proud of our more than 80-year commitment to protecting the livelihoods and futures of our client/members and creating an atmosphere where our employees thrive.
What You'll Do: As a Temporary Storm Claims Examiner, you will be responsible for completing desk reviews of adjusters' estimates to ensure they are written according to company Storm Claims Best Practices and Estimating Guidelines. You will be working with Xactimate and XactAnalysis to review the work, then document reviews and provide an overall analysis of the adjuster's work. Through the review process you may provide coaching and feedback to the adjuster, as well as their manager, when necessary. You will also respond to incoming calls, emails, and faxes relating to storm losses, and maintain an inventory of open storm losses.
Hours for this position may vary based on your availability and storm season (approximately 20-30 hours per week, but flexible). The primary busy months will be May through August due to storm season. In this position you must work from our office in West Des Moines, IA or Kansas City locations
What It Takes to Join Our Team:
- College degree or equivalent required. Experience handling property claims is preferred.
- Must have experience with property estimating and construction nomenclature.
- Proficiency with Xactimate is required, while XactAnalysis experience is preferred.
- Strong customer service skills, including excellent verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Must have excellent problem solving, analytical and organizational skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and shift priorities to organize and process work with limited supervision under tight deadlines is required.
- Strong computer skills are required to quickly learn our multiple systems, with the ability to navigate in and toggle between multiple systems and applications.
If you're interested in joining a company that has a long history of stability and appreciates employees, we invite you to apply today. Farm Bureau....where the grass really IS greener!
- Computer Literacy
- Complex Problem Solving
- Verbal Communication