Cosma provides a comprehensive range of body, chassis and engineering solutions to global customers. Through our robust product engineering, outstanding tooling capabilities and diverse process expertise, we continue to bring lightweight and innovative products to market.
Summary of Responsibilities
Position involves the operation of production equipment in a safe and efficient manner. This person is also responsible for the quality of the product being produced within a team environment.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, ability and essential duties required to successfully perform this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
* All work will be performed with safety in mind for yourself, coworkers and equipment at all times
* To work within guidelines of the company rules and guidelines to comply with MIOSHA standards
* To load and unload production equipment as instructed
* Basic tool changes may be required
* To maintain the equipment and work area in a clean and organized manner
* Operation of the production cell and peripheral equipment in an efficient manner
* Operator of this cell is responsible for the quality of the product that is produced at all times to meet our customer and CCMi expectations.
* All quality checks must be completed actually and in a timely manner.
* The ability to read basic measuring devises
* To have clear and open communications with peers and supervision in an efficient and courteous way
* Perform all PM's to the equipment as assigned
* Identifying and tagging of all product that would enter or leave the cell
* Documentation must be filled out in a legible and timely manner
* Will assist all departments as needed
* To meet daily production targets
* Will be active in lean activities teams as needs
* Past experience in operation of production equipment is a plus
* Past experience in automotive production environment is beneficial
* Able to work well with others; build and maintain positive employee relations
* Able to work flexible hours and overtime to be available to three (3) shifts
* Able to work to blueprints would be beneficial
* Able to use standard hand and measuring tools
* Must be able to understand written instructions
Education and Experience
* High school diploma or general education degree
* The work environment is primarily manufacturing plant and is characterized by temperature extremes; loud noise and considerable tow motor traffic. The individual must be able to perform all essential functions as appropriate on the plant floor, in meetings, and with team members, management, customers and suppliers.
* Able to work flexible hours and overtime
Awareness. Unity. Empowerment.
At Magna, we believe that a diverse workforce is critical to our success. That's why we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We hire on the basis of experience and qualifications, and in consideration of job requirements, regardless of, in particular, color, ancestry, religion, gender, origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or gender identity. Magna takes the privacy of your personal information seriously. We discourage you from sending applications via email to comply with GDPR requirements and your local Data Privacy Law.
- Automotive Industry
- Labor Relations
- Team Working
- Industrial Production