To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Chicago, IL
- John Wittenborn
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Cardiac Monitor Technician
Mercy Hospital & Medical Center • Chicago, IL
Posted 2 months ago
The monitor technician works as a team member under the direction of the professional registered nurse to promote safe patient outcomes, with patients requiring telemetry monitoring. The monitor technician will observe, interpret and document cardiac rhythms as seen on the telemetry EKG monitors. The monitor technician insures prompt discovery of changes in the heart rhythm and notifies appropriate staff members of such changes. The monitor technician is also responsible for observation of patients that are under surveillance by the AvaSure patient surveillance system. These duties are to be performed in a highly confidential manner, in accordance with the mission, values and behaviors of Mercy Hospital and Medical Center, and the attributes of Careful Nursing.
- High school diploma required.
- LPN licensure, successful completion of a cardiovascular program, previous EKG, CCP experience preferred.
- Basic computer skills preferred
- Ability to quickly recognize changes in condition and needs of patients.
- Knowledge of patients' growth and development needs.
- Ability to maintain a high degree of accuracy in carrying out work duties.