How would you like to work in a place where your contributions and ideas are valued? A place where you can serve with compassion, pursue excellence and honor every voice? At Wellstar, our mission is simple, yet powerful: to enhance the health and well-being of every person we serve. We are proud to have become a shining example of what's possible when the brightest professionals dedicate themselves to making a difference in the healthcare industry, and in people's lives.
Wellstar Paulding Hospital - We are seeking a Patient Sitter to join our Team!
The Safety Sitter role will primarily function as a constant observation for patients requiring continuous observation and will report changes in the patient's condition to appropriate health care team member. The Sitter will be under the direction of the registered nurse assigned to the patient being cared for or the clinical supervisor on duty.
This is a PRN Night Shift position
Required Minimum Education
- High school diploma or equivalent from accredited program required;
- Must attend and successfully complete the WellStar Sitter Course within the first 30 days of employment.
Required Minimum Licensure/Certification
- Graduate from a CNA Program preferred or completion of first semester nursing clinical rotations including nursing fundamentals preferred.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification through American Heart Association (AHA) is required.
Required Minimum Experience
- Previous healthcare experienced preferred.
Required Minimum Skills
- Ability to read, write and speak the English language;
- Ability to hear and see alarms and digital readouts;
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills; Ability to collaborate with other healthcare providers in the provision of patient care;
- Ability to function in stressful and emergency situations is essential.
- Basic Life Support
- Emergency Handling
- Registered Nurse Certified
- Interpersonal Skills
- Health Care