Systems Engineer, Professional Services
Location: Philadelphia, Baltimore, Washington D.C. or nearby locales
Who are we looking for:
We are seeking a competitive, self-motivated individual to join our Professional Services Post-Sales team. This role provides installation, integration, and workflow support to both new and existing customers.
Ideal candidate will use technical, influencing and relationship-building skills to work with internal and external teams and project stakeholders to ensure that optimum solutions are provided to customers, as well as assist with cross training and by sharing knowledge with peers and junior Engineers.
What will it take:
- You have great interpersonal skills and connect with people easily.
- You value teamwork, but enjoy individual ownership, too.
- You are a meticulous planner and go-getter that loves to “tinker” and appreciates technology.
- You have a strong technical acumen, and you love to learn.
- You’re attentive to detail and take pride in a job well done.
- You appreciate your work-life balance and that of others’ (and so do we).
Studies have shown that men apply for jobs when they meet just 60% of the requirements, while women tend to apply for jobs that are a 100% match. Listed below are some great skills to possess, but they are not a must – even if you don’t check every box, we still want to hear from you:
- 1-5 years of experience in a Network Engineer or similar role.
- Working knowledge of NAS and Cloud storage.
- Working knowledge of data storage or backup software industry.
- Working knowledge of backup and archive processes and methodologies.
- Working knowledge of data migration strategies and use of scripting is preferred.
- Working knowledge of tape drives, libraries, storage arrays, storage networking, networking protocols, and general connectivity in multi-platform enterprise environments is a big plus.
Education: BS/BA Degree in Computer Science/Engineering or related business/technical field is preferred.
Travel: This remote role is expected to travel to customer sites up to 80% of the time.
Why you should join us:
Spectra Logic is a unique company: unlike other players in the data protection market, Spectra Logic has always been privately owned and funded and operates at all levels with a strong entrepreneurial spirit. You can expect a challenging, flexible and creative work environment. Sense of ownership, integrity and honesty are of utmost importance. Our culture is one that drives personal opportunity and professional advancement. With our award-winning tape libraries, our line of disk-based backup products, overall secondary storage, and with our “tape & disk based” object store device - BlackPearl, Spectra Logic’s product lineup has never been stronger.
Status: Full Time, Direct Hire Exempt Position.
Compensation: The starting salary for this role is U.S. $80,000 and will be determined based on experience.
Benefits: Spectra Logic provides a casual work environment, competitive salaries, and a compensation structure that rewards contribution and hard work. Our full benefits package includes 401(k), medical, sick pay, life, AD&D, flex spending accounts, and company paid short and long-term disability.
- Attention To Detail
- Cloud Storage
- Coaching And Mentoring
- Data Migration