To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Bossier City, LA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Advantage Resourcing • Bossier City, LA
Posted 15 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Diesel Mechanic - Bossier City, LA
We are hiring Diesel Mechanics
A and B Techs
Diagnoses, repairs and performs maintenance on alternative fuel, diesel and/or gasoline trucks. Assists and provides guidance to other technicians in repairs and maintenance. Performs road tests on customer vehicles to diagnose problems and/or test repairs.
The following responsibilities are general duties that a particular employee in this position may or may not be required to perform. The actual duties required of this position will vary.
• Diagnoses mechanical problems on suspension, brake system, electrical system, hydraulic system, drive train, engine and transmission.
• Performs repairs and maintenance on alternative fuel, diesel and/or gasoline trucks. Typical repairs include, but are not limited to, maintenance and repair of engines, chassis, driveline, body components, hydraulic systems, brake systems, electrical systems, suspension systems, wheels, and tires.
• Communicates regularly with the Supervisor or Manager regarding work schedules, job assignments, and other shop issues.
• Reads and interprets repair orders, communicates with supervisor and/or driver for clarification of problems.
• Completes all paperwork associated with repairing vehicles, clean warranty parts, tags parts, and turns in to appropriate personnel.
• Makes emergency road calls to repair trucks, as needed.
• Estimates time and materials required for repairs. Interprets and makes repairs using appropriate Service Manuals and on-line resources. Verify repairs are completed correctly.
• Keeps work area clean, free from spills and safety hazards. Notifies Supervisor of any unsafe items needing repaired.
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
The following physical activities or abilities are commonly used, but not always, associated with the performance of this position. The actual requirements of this position will vary.
• Lift and carry 50 pounds.
• Push/pull at least 75 pounds.
• Climb into and out of equipment.
EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION, CERTIFICATIONS, AND COMPETENCIES
• Either (1) high school diploma or G.E.D. certification and 2 years of related truck or heavy equipment maintenance: OR (2) 4 years of related truck or heavy equipment maintenance.
• DOT Qualifications including Brake Maintenance & Inspections, and Annual Vehicle Inspections.
• Valid Class A or B commercial driver license (CDL)
• Knowledge, skill and ability to inspect, diagnose and repair suspension, brake system, electrical system, hydraulic system, tires, drive train, engine, and transmission.
• Knowledge of DOT, OSHA and other applicable health and safety standards.
• Customer Service – Acts in a professional, courteous and cooperative manner to coworkers. Within reason, does what it takes to meet and exceed expectations of customers.
• Dependability – Follows through and does what he/she says he/she will do. Shows up to work on time and adheres to the established work schedule.
• Ethics – Does the right thing. Adheres to the laws as well as policies and rules. Promptly reports concerns or potential violations in accordance with reporting procedures.
• Learning Ability – Readily acquires knowledge and skill in concepts and techniques that are new to him/her. Remembers and applies what he/she has learned.
• Safety Orientation – Follows and promotes the customer’s safety rules and procedures. Shows an appreciation and sets an example for safe work behavior. Does not take inappropriate risks.
• Troubleshooting – Diagnoses existing problems and predicts potential problems. Determines root causes of failures and chooses the best repair option.
REPRESENTATIVE TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT:
(Actual machines, tools, equipment and/or software used will vary)
• Personal Protective Equipment including, but not limited to, dust mask, earplugs, gloves, hardhat, respirator, safety glasses, work boots.
• Hand tools including, but not limited to, hammers, screwdriver, air tools and wrenches. Vehicles including but not limited to forklifts and company vehicles.
• Machines including, but not limited to, drill press, engine hoist, floor jacks, grinders, overhead cranes and welders.
• Computer diagnostic software, MS word programs.
(The actual working conditions will vary)
• Shop environment including, but not limited equipment, chemicals, solvents, dust, and fumes.
• Exposure to heat and cold weather.
This job description is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required by personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the company.
Keywords: Diesel Mechanic, mechanic, diesel, A tech, B Tech, gasoline, alternative fuel
About Advantage Resourcing
At Advantage Resourcing, our primary objective is to perfectly align the best people with the appropriate jobs. These jobs may be temporary assignments or career positions. We place talented people in a wide variety of jobs working with our client companies in areas such as: engineering, IT, technical, manufacturing, skilled trades, distribution, call centers, clerical, accounting, finance and sales.
Our strength is being able to solve our clients workforce needs by matching people that have the right skills, knowledge and motivation to each opportunity. Advantage Resourcing can help you discover the personal and career success you desire.
The Company supports affirmative action and equal employment opportunity. The Company will provide equal employment in employment practices to all applicants for employment. Employment decisions shall be made without regard to any protected characteristic such as, but not limited to, race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, national origin, ancestry, citizen status, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, status in regard to public assistance, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans and other protected veterans, genetic information and other legally protected classes. Furthermore, the Company is an E-Verify employer. Information provided on this application will not be used for any discriminatory purposes. The Company complies with all applicable federal, state and local non-discrimination laws and regulations. The Company will provide reasonable accommodations in the application or interviewing process. If you need a reasonable accommodation in the application or interviewing process, please contact us.
Bossier City, LA
Full Time, Temp Position