To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Atlanta, GA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Dispatcher (Unit 302)
Gate Gourmet • Atlanta, GA
Posted 4 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Dispatcher (Unit 302)
Gate Gourmet, a gategroup company, is the world's largest independent provider of catering and provisioning services for the airline industry. For the past 70 years, we have served over 250 carriers in more than 30 countries. Gate Gourmet combines culinary expertise with the highest standards of food safety and production to deliver delicious, healthy, and affordable meals to over 270 million travelers around the globe.
We are currently looking for a Dispatcher to join our flight kitchen operations team located near Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport in Atlanta, Georgia. The Dispatcher is responsible for coordinating inbound/outbound flight schedule and routing to drivers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receives incoming calls, coordinates with staff and kitchen personnel to ensure outbound trolleys are on schedule.
- Monitors computers to determine arriving flight times to arrange for drivers to meet aircraft for unloading/loading.
- Provides accurate and timely information to transportation supervisors/leads.
- Coordinates with Meal Planners regarding irregularities and changes.
- Performs other related duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- A high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must have some office experience.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English.
- Must be detail oriented and organized.
- Must have some computer knowledge including basic knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Must have very good basic math skills.
- Must have the ability to make sound operational decisions in challenging situations.
- Must have working knowledge of Unimatic/FIDS to gather information needed.
- Must be highly motivated.
- Must have good attendance and solid work performance.
- Must have proven ability to communicate in challenging/stressful situations.
- Must have the ability to deal with the public and internal staff.
- This position has travel of up to 10% of the time.
- Normal office environment
- May be exposed to extreme temperature changes and noise.
Demonstrated Competencies to be Successful in the Position:
- Thinking - Information search and analysis, problem resolution skills
- Engaging - understanding others, team leadership, developing people
- Inspiring - influencing and building relationships, motivating and inspiring, communicating effectively
- Achieving - delivering business results under pressure, championing performance improvement, customer focus
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. Management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Candidates will be required to go through pre-employment drug screen, criminal check and/or airport fingerprinting.
Gategroup is an equal opportunity employer committed to workforce diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability status or other category protected under applicable law.
For further information regarding Equal Employment Opportunity, copy and paste the following URL into your web browser: www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf.