Join the Clean Energy Revolution
Become a Local Planning Specialist at Southern California Edison (SCE) and build a better tomorrow. In this job, you’ll support the regulatory requirements of SCE’s electrical distribution system by developing and designing plans, identifying necessary resources and providing cost estimates and options for the construction of distribution facilities.
As a Local Planning Specialist, your work will help power our planet, reduce carbon emissions and create cleaner air for everyone. Are you ready to take on the challenge to help us build the future?
A day in the life - Get ready to think big, work smart and shine bright!
- Coordinate activities with other internal personnel and/or organizations to ensure compliance and appropriate follow-through of policies, procedures, rules, rates, and completion dates applicable to his/her assigned projects.
- Manage work orders through the entire process and taking accountability for customer satisfaction
- Maintain a current understanding of industry practices, standards and customer needs.
- Acquire permits and easements, identifying environmental requirements and coordinating required project components with other departments, customers, governmental bodies, and various external sources.
- Manage numerous less complex design projects from inception to construction completion.
- Perform meter spots and related design work.
- Perform other responsibilities and duties as assigned.
- Must be a successful graduate from Service Planner Development Program (SPDP) OR possesses one or more years of experience in Electrical Utility Distribution Design, Transmission Design, Distribution Line construction, or Electrical Engineering discipline.
- Must possess a valid U.S. driver’s license.
- Experience with resource books such as DDS, UGS, ESR, Overhead and Underground Construction Manuals preferred.
- Experience developing and designing electrical distribution plans, identifying necessary resources and providing cost estimates.
- Experience managing work orders/projects and maintaining a current understanding of industry practices, and standards.
- Experience acquiring permits and easements, identifying environmental requirements
- Experience working with customers, identifying needs and resolving customer issues.
- Experience, training, or education applying technical information related to engineering, drafting, architecture, construction, mapping, design, mechanics, mathematics, science or computers.
- Ability to gather and analyze information and make sound decisions independently and in consideration of applicable policies and procedures.
- Able to drive, traverse on uneven surfaces, occasionally lift up to 40 lbs, sit/stand for extended periods of time, work in various weather conditions, and possibly be in remote regions (coast, desert, and mountain) for extended periods of time.
You should know …
Work Mode: When a return-to-office date has been determined, this position’s work mode is hybrid. The employee will report to an SCE facility for a set number of days with the option to work remotely on the remaining days. Unless otherwise noted, employees are required to reside in the state of California. Further details of this work mode will be discussed at the interview stage.
- Visit our [ Link removed ] to get meaningful information related to benefits, perks, resources, testing information, and hiring process, and more!
- This position requires testing and applicants who are identified to continue through the selection process will be invited to test via email. Please access our [ Link removed ] to reference test(s): Edison Individual Contributor Workstyles (Test 8203) and EEI TECH (Test 5107). Candidates who have previously passed this assessment, in some cases, may not need to retest again for this position.
About Southern California Edison
The people at SCE don't just keep the lights on. Our mission is so much bigger. We’re fueling the kind of innovation that’s changing an entire industry, and quite possibly the planet. Join us and create a future with cleaner energy, while providing our customers with the safety and reliability they demand. At SCE, you’ll have a chance to grow personally and professionally, making a real impact in Southern California and around the world.
At SCE, we celebrate our differences. We are a proud Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
We are committed to ensuring that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodations at
- Cost Modelling
- Customer Demand Planning
- Customer Satisfaction