To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Melbourne, FL 32935
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Accounts Payable Supervisor
DRS Technologies Inc • Melbourne, FL
Posted 1 month ago
Leonardo DRS is a leading supplier of integrated products, services and support to military forces, intelligence agencies and prime contractors worldwide. Focused on defense technology, we develop, manufacture and support a broad range of systems for mission critical and military sustainment requirements, as well as homeland security.
Headquartered in Crystal City, VA, the Company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Leonardo. which employs more than 70,000 people worldwide. We offer a competitive compensation package and a business culture which rewards performance. For additional information on DRS, please visit our website at www.leonardodrs.com.
DRS NIS is located on the East coast of Florida in Melbourne. DRS NIS is a leading designer and manufacturer of highly engineered, technically advanced, defense electronics for U.S. and allied international military and intelligence agency applications. DRS NIS manufactures rugged communications interfaces serving military Command, Control, Communications, Computer, Intelligence and Surveillance (C4ISR) initiatives. Products include hand-held devices, targeting scopes, night vision optics, laptop computers and vehicle-mounted systems supporting man-portable and fighting vehicle applications. DRS specialize equipment that allows communication between broad spectrums of battlefield interfaces.
Accounts Payable Supervisor
Supervises the daily work activities of accounting specialists (Accounts Payable)
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee a team of Accounts Payable Associates in the daily process of accurately keying invoices, handling invoice exceptions and payment processing
- Develops, maintains and implements training for staff
- Provides coaching, mentoring and training to accounts payable team
- Ensures proper check runs, month-end close, reconciliations and intercompany netting are performed accurately and timely
- Ensure audit controls are documented, maintained, and remain effective in mitigating risk
- Handle escalated vendor and business unit issues
- Assist in developing and implementing processes and procedures to continuously optimize and gain efficiency
- Utilize performance metrics to manage team performance and understand opportunities for improvement
- Review and analyze and communicate business unit level reports to identify opportunities for improvement
- Work with business unit Accounting teams to resolve accounting and balance sheet variances
- Associates degree or related education and or experience
- 5+ years Supervisor experience in Accounts Payable
- Experience with ERP systems such as CostPoint preferred
- Experience in a Shared Service Center/Multi Location environment
Physical Requirements (Lifting, Walking, Bending, Stooping kneeling etc)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit, walk, talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
DRS Technologies, Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state or local law. #EOIS #LEL