Ameris Bank is a high-performing community bank providing an exceptional customer experience with well trained, empowered employees. At Ameris, we look outside conventional wisdom and processes to find new answers. This means cutting red tape, empowering our people to make decisions at the local level and creating clear paths and easy touchpoints. We represent energy and passion, a steady strength that is bold and assertive, creativity in thinking and problem solving, a scrappy determination and nimble approach to getting things done, a good natured, genuine and approachable way of serving each other and our customers. We look forward to the future, and what this means for you, if you join our team.
The USPF Customer Service Specialist will communicate effectively and professionally by phone and e-mail with Insurance Agents and Brokers, as well as Insureds. The USPF Customer Service Specialist will work by phone and email to resolve questions or concerns, as well as achieve targets regarding call volume, quality and other performance targets. Other duties as assigned.
Essential Functions, Duties, and Responsibilities:
- Answers inbound customer service calls.
- Enters payments from agents and insureds.
- Responds to email received on individual as well as customer service group email account.
- Assists in opening, sorting and delivering mail.
- Scans documents to the imaging system, as necessary.
- Communicates with insurance agents regarding the status of transactions within their portfolio.
- Communicates with insureds regarding the status of their loans to attempt to prevent policies from canceling.
- Follows up with insurance companies, general agencies, agents, and insureds regarding potentially outdated address, phone, fax, or email information.
- Refers unresolved customer grievances to team lead and/or designated departments for further investigation in order to be resolved.
- Updates policy number information and tracks assigned risk worker’s comp carriers.
- Keep records of customer interactions recording details of inquiries, complaints, and comments, as well as actions taken in FinancePro.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Competencies:
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Ability to effectively interpret data and analyze problems
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and written
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively interact with people of all skill levels and diverse backgrounds
- Ability to comprehend policies, procedures, documents and guidelines
- Bilingual (English and Spanish) strongly preferred
Industry and Work Experience:
- 1+ years customer service experience
- High School Diploma/GED
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required for the position.
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
- Spanish Language
- English Language
- Customer Service