To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Lanham, MD 20706
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Sales Executive - Exhibitor Sales - Lanham, MD
Hargrove Inc • Lanham, MD
Posted 18 days ago
Sales Executive - Exhibitor Sales
This position is a sales position reporting directly to the Vice President, Strategy & Development. Sales Executives are responsible for achieving and exceeding their assigned revenue and profit targets. They are the primary custodians of current relationships with Hargrove clients, and, just as importantly, they are responsible for uncovering new business opportunities through consistent prospecting. These include the pursuit of potential clients at industry networking events, face to face visits and the use of resources to communicate on a virtual level as well. From the beginning of the sales process through the never ending service and retention phase, Sales Executives remain the main point of contact for Hargrove exhibit clients.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Prospect, qualify, present and close new business, which meet and exceed assigned sales revenue goals.
- Develop creative and unique proposals to secure new and expanded business opportunities;
- Strong communication and presentation skills utilized amongst colleagues, prospects and customers
- Active membership or experience in industry associations such as, PCMA, MPI, IAEE, ASAE etc. is desirable but not mandatory.
- Lead and coordinate internal efforts from other departments' efforts to successfully deliver client projects from the initial proposal stage through the sales and servicing phases.
- Schedule and attend design, pre-production, productions and post event debrief meetings.
- Oversee the installation or delivery of client exhibits at venues throughout the country.
- Ensure client satisfaction by advocating on client's behalf, preventing any compromise in customer services
- Visit venues and participate in 'walk-throughs' to ensure accurate project completion.
- All activities above require approximately 60% travel
- A steadfast commitment to, and demonstration of unselfishness, meaningful contribution to the sales team and an incurable positive attitude
- Performs other duties as assigned and deemed necessary as assigned or delegated by the Vice President
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing, or Event Planning
- Minimum of five (5) years of sales experience and a proven track record, preferably in the events trade sows or exhibit sales industry
- Candidate must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to develop effective letters emails, and proposals
- Ability and desire to work in an intensely fast-paced environment
- Development of forecast, pipeline and project P&L
- Participate in weekly team and individual meetings with the Vice President
- Knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and general office equipment
Additional Preferred Skills
- Familiarity with Custom Exhibits, Trade Shows, Graphics, Museums or Design
- An inventory of prospective clients based on networking and past involvement experience in a Design/Build environment
- Formal training in consultative/high value selling
- Ability to work independently, and in a team environment and juggle multiple priorities.
- Demonstrate the ability to translate strategic opportunities into specific action plans.
- Must possess excellent analytical and problem solving skills; an ability to objectively analyze current practices, identify process improvement opportunities and successfully influence and implement appropriate changes.
- Ability to devote high attention to detail
- Ability to address multiple task and unforeseen developments which require level headedness and purpose
- Has a forward thinking and creative perspective which is strategic and not tactical
- Ability to organize and prioritize
- Ability to recognize and respect organizational protocols and procedures. Acts as a team player, always in the best interest of the company. Must have a demonstrated track record of building collaborative relationships and lasting business partnerships across the environment.
- Build effective networks and alliances.
Coordinate project activities and work in a team environment with internal entities (e.g. Finance IT, Operations, Marketing, Fabrication, Graphics, Accounting, HR) and external entities (e.g. a full complement of vendors, suppliers and other stakeholders).
Most of the position holders' work will take place in a climate controlled environment. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee may be required to lift and/or move up to 5 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Hargrove is a leader in brand storytelling, creating innovative environments for events, exhibits, expositions and experiential marketing activations around the world. We design and deliver immersive environments that tell stories, market brands, launch new products, ignite passion for causes and most importantly connect with the targeted audience.
Why Work at Hargrove
In addition to your salary, Hargrove offers Paid Time Off, Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Disability, Critical Illness, Accident Insurance, LegalShield, and 401(k). Hargrove is headquartered on a 77-acre site just east of the Capital Beltway and minutes from downtown Washington, DC. At Hargrove, our customer's success is our success. Come join our team.
Hargrove, LLC. is an Equal Opportunity (M/F/D/V) and Affirmative Action employer.