Work where you love to shop! Family Dollar is hiring in your neighborhood. Avoid long commutes and set your own course to success by applying today.
We offer generous benefits, flexible work schedules and the ability to work today and get paid tomorrow.
As a Family Dollar Greeter you will be responsible for providing exceptional customer service by greeting customers, assisting with shopping needs and protecting store assets through observation of customers and Store Associates under the Store Manager's direction. Responsibilities include reducing losses, improving compliance, protecting company assets, and reviewing daily audits with Store Managers. In addition, you will communicate feedback to the District Manager or Market Auditor. Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Greets and assists customers in a positive, approachable manner and maintains a positive Company image to community.
- Assists Store Manager in asset protection duties by being aware of customers while they are in the store and providing excellent customer service; addresses all EAS alarms by following Company procedures.
- At the direction of the Store Manager, observes transactions at the register and activity throughout the store to ensure protection of store assets. Reports any suspicious activity to Store Manager.
- At the direction of the Store Manager, checks security camera and alarms daily for proper functioning, conducts daily audits, and monitors Fire and ADA safety requirements.
- Completes bag checks, including in-store returns as directed.
- All other duties as assigned by the District Manager, or Market Auditor.
Education: Prefer completion of high school or equivalent. Ability to read and interpret policy, procedural, and training manuals and other operational directives and communications.
Requirements: Ability to travel locally as needed and scheduled. Valid Driver’s License is required.
Experience: Prefer some experience working with people and general public; Work in retail, hotel, restaurant, grocery or drug store environment is preferred. Previous Loss Prevention experience is required.
Physical Requirements: Ability to regularly lift up to 40 lbs. (and occasionally, up to 55 lbs.) from floor level to above shoulder height; must be able to meet demands of frequent walking, standing, stooping, kneeling, climbing, pushing, pulling, and repetitive lifting, with or without reasonable accommodation.
Availability: Ability to work flexible, full-time schedule to include days, evenings, weekends and holidays.
Skills & Competencies: Customer Focus, Developing Potential, Results Driven, Strong Organizational Skills, Communication Skills, Problem Solving/Decision Making, Job Knowledge and Relationship Management.
Our teams are working tirelessly to provide a clean and safe environment for our Associates and customers. We continue to enhance and modify our protocols, as appropriate. This includes:
Plexiglass guards at cash registers
Associates conduct home health screenings two hour prior to their shift
Managers conduct in-store health screenings of each associate prior to shift
Cleaning protocols that include hand sanitizer and supplies to clean throughout the day
Social Distancing by maintaining at least six feet between yourself and shoppers
Face masks and gloves for Associates to wear during their shifts
We value our Associates' contributions to our success, which drives us to invest in the most important element of our organization: our people.
As we work towards a healthier future, we provide eligible associates with the following:
Health and welfare programs including medical, pharmacy, dental, and vision
Employee Assistance Program
Paid Time Off
Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Loss Prevention
- Restaurant Operation
- Complex Problem Solving