WHO WE ARE
Michael Baker International is a global leader in Engineering, Architecture and Consulting professionals dedicated to developing and implementing innovative solutions to the world’s infrastructure and environmental challenges. Supported by more than 3,000 employees in nearly 100 locations across the United States, we provide a full continuum of engineering and consulting services, including design, planning, architectural, environmental, construction and program management. Our clients include U.S. federal, state and municipal governments, foreign allied governments, and a wide range of commercial clients. Michael Baker is committed to delivering a standard of excellence that fosters a culture of innovation, collaboration and technological advancement to help solve our clients' complex challenges. To learn more, visit [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Office Executive/ Office Lead.
Consistently ranked by Engineering News-Record as a Top 20 transportation firm, Michael Baker International offers clients an integrated team of professionals versed in all aspects of transportation planning, design, permitting, and construction management and inspection. In addition, Michael Baker International is a recognized leader in the practical aspects of operating and maintaining a safe and efficient transportation infrastructure.
Michael Baker is actively seeking an Office Executive to join our Milwaukee or Madison, WI location. You will manage and oversee all office personnel and business activities and unify local leadership for Michael Baker International in the office. Other responsibilities to include: directing and leading the office in support of all projects; oversight of day-to-day office operations while developing, overseeing, and managing the growth of a balanced office portfolio, reflective of the enterprise capabilities of Michael Baker International; expanding the core business of Michael Baker including adding new markets, developing clients and expanding the capabilities of the office. You will provide business leadership and engage with other Executives, National/Regional Market and Practice Leads and supporting resources. You will need to understand and make business decisions, as you will be accountable for office-level performance. The ideal candidate will have experience leading and supervising a multi-discipline team, assessing and understanding office culture, and working with other offices as part of a work sharing spirit.
- Work with our Area Executive, client service team, and divisions in the development of targeted client service action plans.
- Manage client relationships and guide the application of Michael Baker services within a specific area to best serve the interests of the client and Michael Baker.
- Responsible for successful contracting and project execution, working closely with regional Michael Baker international staff and office leadership.
- Determine direction and lead market awareness including involvement in professional associations, technical articles, conferences and boards.
- Ultimately be responsible for office revenue, manage the office P&L performance against targets, and provide control and stewardship of our culture of performance, excellence, and quality.
- Continually bring in new work and increase back log in current markets and new markets, as deemed appropriate.
- Responsible for headcount growth (recruiting and staff development).
- Promote work share and develop a balanced office portfolio reflective of Michael Baker International enterprise capabilities.
- Identify and develop emerging talent and leadership to create upward opportunity and succession planning.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Planning, Architecture, or a related discipline from an accredited program
- 15 years in Engineering, including transportation, or Project Management with 10 years supervising personnel
- 10 years Marketing & Business Development (Proposals & Presentations)
- State and Local (county, municipal) government experience, including transportation engineering
- Excellent communication skills and community and professional leadership experience
- Strong ability to identify, develop, and capture business
- Ability to interact successfully with State, County and Federal Agencies
- Interpersonal skills to mentor and grow Michael Baker staff
- Computer skills: MS Office Suite
MICHAEL BAKER INTERNATIONAL EEO STATEMENT
Michael Baker International is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Michael Baker International provides equal employment opportunity for all persons, in all facets of employment. Michael Baker International maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply for any open position for which they feel they are qualified, and all will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or any other legally protected status.
EEO is the Law. Applicants to and employees of Michael Baker International are protected under Federal law from discrimination.