Requisition ID: 150399
Job Level: Senior Level
Home District/Group: Kiewit Infrastructure Engineers
Department: Project Controls Scheduling
Employment Type: Full Time
Kiewit Infrastructure Engineers (KIE) has an immediate opening for a dynamic Project Controls Engineer. You will be part of our rapidly growing Infrastructure Design Department, which includes structural, geotechnical, civil, drainage, roadway, rail, and materials disciplines, is a multi-faceted and leading-edge division of Kiewit with best-in-class technical expertise focused on the design-build delivery of infrastructure projects. You will have the opportunity to work on landmark and critical infrastructure projects that will transform your experience.
ENR released its 2022 Top 400 Contractor rankings. Kiewit ranks No. 3, up one spot from last year's No. 4 ranking.
• No. 1 - Domestic Heavy
• No. 1 - Petroleum
• No. 1 - Transportation
• No. 2 - Power
• No. 4 - Working Abroad
• No. 20 - Domestic Building / Manufacturing
Kiewit Infrastructure Engineering's Design Build Management team are driving clients to turn to Kiewit during all stages of design-build projects to manage their multi-disciplined design teams to improve schedule, control costs and minimize risk. Our construction-driven engineers analyze root causes and resolve design issues before they impact schedule and budget. Particularly on large design-build projects, clients benefit from the proven processes and tools used by Kiewit to minimize project risk. We are an in-house resource that supports projects throughout the company. Our staff shares experiences gained, innovative concepts, and design best practices for all projects that we support.
Our participation leads to safe, cost effective, and innovative designs that achieve client expectations and further Kiewit’s legacy of excellence.
On our team, you’ll have the opportunity to see more, touch more, and do more than you ever imagined. Working hard will not only bring you satisfaction from a job well done, but it will help propel your career forward faster than you might expect. We will train you, develop your skills, and allow you to take on projects that impact millions across North America. With top-notch health benefits, a wealth-building 401k plan, and unbeatable growth opportunities, by joining Kiewit, you’re ensuring a lifetime of success.
This Position is based out our Lone Tree, CO Offices
- Understand project scope and contract
- Provide timely and accurate project controls reporting and communication to management
- Develop key performance indicators and compare current progress to baseline historical data to study variances
- Manage quantity take-offs of to support earned value and material purchasing.
- Provide visibility to changes in quantities from estimate through project completion and be able to communicate how those changes impact construction, engineering, and commissioning.
- Oversee the creation of and updates to an integrated EPC schedule in Primavera P6. Work with the scheduler to load resources, maintain labor hour forecasts, and report schedule variances per established deadlines.
- Prepare, review, and update weekly/monthly progress reporting that includes earned value schedule progress, schedule forecasting, and executive Management Summaries.
- Coordination with project teams to assess reporting and identify risk and create accurate forecasts
- 10+ years experience in project controls work on engineering and construction projects, including planning, estimating, forecasting, scheduling, cost control, schedule control, and project reports. Must have strong scheduling and PMIS background.
- Primavera (P6) Scheduling preferred
- Undergraduate degree in Engineering, Construction Management or related degree
- Ability to read and interpret construction drawings and specifications
- Working knowledge of computers and experience with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Strong decision-making skills
- Demonstrated work ethic
- The ability to freely access all points of a construction site in wide-ranging climates and environment
- The ability to meet deadlines and put in the time needed to get the job done
- Occasional travels to project sites and offices is required for this role.
- Large Transit Program Project Control experience
- Certifications (one or more): PSP, PMP, PE, CM, EVP, PMI-SP, CST
- Ability to interpret construction schedules
• Regular, reliable attendance
• Work productively and meet deadlines timely
• Communicate and interact effectively and professionally with supervisors, employees, and others individually or in a team environment
• Perform work safely and effectively. Understand and follow oral and written instructions, including warning signs, equipment use, and other policies.
• Work during normal operating hours to organize and complete work within given deadlines. Work overtime and weekends as required.
• FIELD ROLES ONLY May work at various different locations and conditions may vary
Base Compensation: $117,629 - $176,443
(Actual compensation is subject to variation due to such factors as education, experience, skillset, and/or location)
We offer our fulltime staff employees a comprehensive benefits package that’s among the best in our industry, including top-tier medical, dental and vision plans covering eligible employees and dependents, voluntary wellness and employee assistance programs, life insurance, disability, retirement plans with matching, and generous paid time off.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
- Architectural Drawing
- Build Management
- Certified Project Management Professional
- Construction Management
- Decision Making