Position Open: August 24, 2021
Position Close: Until filled
Clark Nexsen is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status. AAP. Drug-free workplace. E-verify. Applicants must be legally authorized to work for Clark Nexsen Inc. without employer sponsorship. We do not typically sponsor H-1B or any other work visa petitions.
Must apply online through website at [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Plumbing Engineer Graduate or EIT.
When you come to work for Clark Nexsen, you’ll experience a collaborative, entrepreneurial environment where imaginative thinking is encouraged and supported. We are a national, transdisciplinary architecture, engineering, and consulting firm, but we believe that our role in making the world better is not limited to design. Our vision and values drive our culture, our work, and our commitment to giving back to our communities through volunteerism and charitable giving.
With 11 offices spanning Virginia, North Carolina, Georgia, Tennessee, and Texas, our people shape the future by discovering opportunities to transform the way we live in and experience our world. We believe the best ideas come from collaboration, working across disciplines to inspire innovation and deliver high-performing projects for U.S. and global clients.
We offer generous compensation and benefits, including health, dental, vision, 401k, short and long term disability, paid time off, Aflac, flexible benefits, and legal resources. To learn more about our culture and expertise, please visit [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Plumbing Engineer Graduate or EIT.
We seek to hire a Plumbing Engineer Graduate or EIT in our Macon, GA; Virginia Beach, VA; or Charlotte, NC offices who will perform Plumbing engineering services on multi-discipline building design projects of small to large scope for commercial and government facilities, as well as single discipline plumbing engineering projects of small to large scope.
General responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Preparation of programming documents, schematic documents, design development documents, and construction documents as directed
- Performing various aspects of plumbing engineering on projects, or portions of projects, as directed by an Engineer or Senior Engineer and in conformance with the applicable codes, standards and specifications.
- Working closely with the Engineer or Senior Engineer to develop a thorough understanding of the fundamentals of plumbing engineering
- Preparation of marketing and presentation materials as directed
- Performing various duties associated with the bidding process, including preparing addenda and amendments, open and tabulate bids as directed
- Performing various duties associated with the construction phase, including field visits, answering RFIs, reviewing shop drawings, and preparing record drawings as directed
- Complying with quality control policies and procedures
- Learn and implement department and company standards
- Participating in team meetings and coordinating efforts with other team members
- Actively participate in mentoring and continuing education programs
- Working with, responding to, and taking direction from design managers, senior architects and project managers
Project responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Completing layouts to construction document level that were produced to a schematic-level of completion
- Creating schematic-level systems design of low to moderate complexity
- Assisting in the development of an accurate, three-dimensional model of the plumbing system with the necessary level of detail using the required Building Information Modeling (BIM) software package
- Develop design options for resolution of system conflicts
- Perform basic plumbing systems calculations
- Assist with LEED template creation
- Participate in building system selections
- Participate in building code analysis process
- Assist with discipline drawing coordination
- Coordinate work product with other disciplines
- Adhere to project budget and schedule
- Must have graduated from an ABET-accredited 4-, 5-, or 6-year engineering program in one of the following disciplines:
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering Technology
- Architectural Engineering
- Architectural Engineering Technology
- Completed course work should include Thermal, Hydraulic and Fluid Systems core courses.
- Post-graduate degree in Mechanical Engineering or Architectural Engineering may be given additional consideration
Eligibility: Candidates who currently have their degree and students who expect to graduate by January 1, 2022 are eligible to apply for this position.
Licenses, Certifications, and Accreditations
- Be in a position to complete the Fundamentals of Engineering Exam and all other state requirements for certification as an EIT is preferred.
- Ability to complete all requirements for PE licensure within 48 months after being hired is preferred
- Understanding of sustainable design principles and design practices with LEED AP accreditation preferred
- Additional certifications such as LEED, Green Globe, or Certified Plumbing Designer are encouraged to reflect personal growth in the profession and an increasing knowledge base to enhance the design and documentation process
- Active participation in NSPE, ASPE or other related professional organizations is desirable
A Plumbing Engineer Graduate or EIT should be able to effectively utilize current company software programs for word processing, e-mail, and information management.
Working familiarity with BIM related design and production software to a point of being able to understand the capabilities and limitations of the programs and interact with the support staff in their use of the software is highly desirable.
- Successful completion of at least one student internship is desirable.
- Prior experience in an Engineering or multi-discipline Architectural & Engineering firm is desirable.
- Familiarity with applicable building plumbing codes and standards is desirable.
- Working design knowledge of the following systems: domestic water systems, soil waste and vent, storm drainage, compressed air, medical gases, natural gas, non-potable water systems, laboratory process piping systems, solar water heating systems
- Ability to prepare effective and concise documents
- Possess technical precision and creative design skills
- Ability to make presentations to a variety of groups
- Have a can-do attitude with a desire to provide outstanding professional services
- Be dedicated to his or her professional development as well as the success of colleagues and the firm as a whole
- Shop Drawing
- Building Design