Our Client, located in the Atlanta metro area, is looking for a talented Senior Accountant who will be responsible for general accounting activities including journal entry posting, account reconciliations, preparation of financial reports, and analysis of results. The candidate must have knowledge of and demonstrated ability to apply generally accepted accounting principles, follow defined processes and adhere to internal controls. Other valued attributes that we are seeking are a strong work ethic, capacity to get things done independently, and consistent performance with a sense of urgency and commitment.
- Prepare and post journal entries and transactional activity to general ledger.
- Prepare and post cash receipts and disbursements.
- Reconcile cash accounts and other balance sheet accounts as assigned.
- Maintain and reconcile various balance sheet accounts and maintain sub-journal ledgers as required.
- Assist in accounting for international subsidiaries, including posting journal entries for intercompany transactions, and uploading trial balances for international entities.
- Play an integral part of the accounting close and reporting process, assuring that month end close tasks and reconciliations are completed on the assigned due dates. Prepare month-end journal entries, reconciliations and supporting schedules.
- Write desk procedures to document tasks and processes.
- Read and follow applicable accounting policies and procedures. Make recommendations for policy and process improvements.
- Prepare workpapers for assigned accounts for the quarterly and year-end financial audits by external auditors.
- Assist in preparation of documents for our international subsidiary statutory audits.
- Participate in process improvement projects including implementation of enhancements to our ERP systems and processes.
- Perform other special projects and analyses as directed by management.
- BA/BS degree in accounting or finance, or equivalent combination of education and relevant work experience.
- Minimum of 3 years of accounting experience.
- Big 4 public accounting experience preferred, but not required.
- CPA preferred, preferred but not required.
- Working knowledge of US GAAP.
- Proficiency Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
- Must have the ability to execute multiple tasks and adhere to strict deadlines in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to interact effectively with all areas and levels of the company.
- Proactive, assertive, and creative approach to problem solving.
With Kelly, accounting and finance professionals like you will have access to some of the world’s most respected companies—providing you with challenging, high-visibility projects that can transform your career. We work with 90 of the Fortune 100 companies and found opportunities for more than 5,500 finance and accounting professionals last year. Let us help advance your career today.
At Kelly, we’re always thinking about what’s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we’re a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. URL blocked - click to apply
Generally Accepted Accounting Principles