To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
10700 McPherson Road
Laredo, TX 78045
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
COORD - CANCER PROGRAM
Doctors Hospital • Laredo, TX
Posted 3 days ago
Responsible for the Commission on Cancer Accreditation Program, Cancer Registry and Cancer Research Program including coordination of any activities, committees, programs, and/or services which relate to the accreditation, cancer registry and cancer research. This Associate must work in a professional manner with physicians, cancer center personnel and other hospital departments.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1.Provides clinical trial data entry and research follow up as well as verification of source documents, monitoring data queries, informed consent, lab and pathology specimen collection as required by clinical trial protocols.
2. Gathers information for IRB meetings including collecting new protocol information, renewing existing clinical trials, amendments/updates to clinical trials, and maintaining Federal Wide Assurance Certification. Takes minutes at all meetings and prepares documentation.
3. Responsible for preparation of cooperative group site audits when appropriate.
4. Responsible for oncology research grant preparation and administration under the supervision of the Director of Cancer Center.
5. Assists other cancer center staff including chemotherapy and radiation oncology staff with non-clinical tasks when time permits.
6. Tumor Registry follow up and abstracting of analytic and non-analytic cases and all other duties of the Certified Tumor registrar.
7. Gathers information for Tumor Board Meetings including collecting names of patient cases, gathering pertinent diagnostic information, sending for tumor specimen and radiology films as needed from other facilities both locally and out of town. Involved in the set-up of tumor board meetings including communicating with physicians who are involved in the case
8. Facilitates the Cancer Committee and takes minutes at all meetings and prepares documentation.
9. Coordinates all of the duties required to maintain the Commission of Cancer accredited Cancer program.Job Requirements
1. Minimum of 2 years experience in cancer registry, medical research or related field
2. Master's degree required, MHA or MBA preferred
3. Certified Tumor Registrar certification issued by the National Cancer Registrars Association required
4. Must have a thorough knowledge of cancer disease, staging, treatment, anatomy, physiology and medical terminology
5. Good computer, communication and writing skills