Apex Systems, the nation’s 2nd largest Information Technology and Engineering staffing firm, has an opportunity for a Sr. Systems Engineer to work for a top company in West Valley City, UT
If interested, please send resume to Cassie at Email blocked - click to apply
The System Engineer will play an active role in the research and development and post-award solution development of our Military and Commercial Navigation and Surveillance Systems. Our client supplies complete modern fixed-site, shipboard, mobile, and man-portable TACAN & DME systems to the US and its allies. While we view this role as a technical position, you will take a pro-active role in managing projects from a system perspective and finding solutions to our challenges.
Here’s what you can expect on a day-to-day basis:
- Perform research and development efforts for systems and subsystems
- Be a subject matter expert for RF systems and sub-systems
- Contribute to product development by creating and executing detailed Verification and Validation plans and procedures for development and qualification testing of components and subsystems.
- Create requirements definition and document traceability of requirements
- Maintain complex verification traceability matrix’s from internal generator or customer generation
- Work with program management to meet customer and contractual technical requirements
- Develop system level designs meeting requirements
- Participate in hardware design reviews, software requirements analysis, software preliminary and detailed design, code and test reviews
- Perform systems and subsystem hardware and hardware/software integration and test.
- Develop and perform system, hardware and software V & V qualification and acceptance test
- Help develop and maintain cost and schedule goals meeting internal and external requirements
- Work with external customers from a technical perspective and actively work on creating excellent customer relationships
- Work to solve complex technical problems and provide solutions
- Lead other engineering staff on system implementation
- Lead and help in the integration and test of systems and subsystems
What we expect you to bring with you:
- Bachelors’ Degree in Electronics or Aerospace Engineering
- Experience in the integration and test of systems and subsystems
- Detailed experience in RF systems, RF hardware, Antennas, and RF overall
- Experience in requirements creation and management of requirements including tractability and verification
- Excellent writing skills. Ability to write clear requirements, acceptance test, verification test
- Ability to work with customers and create excellent relationships.
- Demonstrated leadership experience
- Experience in designing systems and subsystem including concept to production
- Ability to lead others to complete project and program goals and meet deadlines
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178
Research And Development