To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Atlanta, GA 30313
- Julie Gasper
- Phone: 7702061339
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Randstad USA • Atlanta, GA
Posted 3 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
A Fortune 100 organization located in the Atlanta, GA area is looking for a
Transportation Planner for a 1 year contract position that has load planning and execution experience working in a high volume environment.
Transportation Planner Position Overview:
The Transportation Planner is responsible for collecting daily shipping load requirements from multiple sources and locations (Purchase orders/Bill of Lading/etc.) and schedule transportation and insure timely delivery.
Transportation Planner Role Responsibilities:
- Individual will be responsible for managing the daily load planning and execution for area of responsibility utilizing a TMS system (OTM, SAP).
- Coordination of proactive communication regarding changes of load status with internal/external stakeholders (Plants, warehouses, customers, distributors and customer service).
- Proactive identification and resolution of service issues (On time Performance and Primary Tender Acceptance). Weekly lane and budget management for area of responsibility via rate variance.
- Participate in daily/weekly/monthly Operational Routines including on Boarding new Suppliers.
- Weekend and Night coverage and Issue resolution for critical customer delivery issues.
- 7 years' related experience in transportation planning; Must be comfortable communicating with carriers and have impeccable follow up skills
- Must have a minimum of an Associates Degree in Supply Chain or Logistics or other related field of study
- Must have excellent MS Excel skills; SAP experience is a huge plus or experience using a Transportation Management System. Must be detailed and have strong communication skills both oral and written; Must be comfortable communicating with carriers, managers, vendors, etc.
This role is available for immediate consideration and hire. Please email your resume as a MS Word attachment to:[Click Here to Email Your Resumé]