To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
165 Market Street
Onancock, VA 23417
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Certified Occupational Therapist Assistant - COTA / PRN
Intrepid Companies, Inc. • Onancock, VA
Posted 7 days ago
If you are looking for an exciting career opportunity with a national leader of personalized health care – this is your chance to join us at Intrepid USA! We are a national company with a local perspective, and working with us, you'll find that what we do is all about what matters the most – helping patients live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Our innovative approach gives patients access to the highly experienced clinical teams and up-to-date programs you would expect from a large company and combines them with the flexible, dedicated and personalized care you may expect from a smaller company.
Due to our continued growth, we are seeking an experienced Certified Occupational Therapist Assistant to play a key role providing rehabilitation therapy services to clients in their residence. When we think of patient care, we focus on the heart of the matter – providing talented healthcare professionals, giving them opportunities to follow their passion, and ultimately giving patients the best care available for home health care, hospice and private duty care. Bring your enthusiasm and compassion to help others and we will provide you with a nurturing caring environment that will empower and inspire you to make a difference.
As a Certified Occupational Therapist Assistant, you will perform all occupational therapy procedures planned and supervised by a qualified Occupational Therapist in accordance with the plan of care.
Additional duties for this COTA role include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting and instructing clients in pushing wheelchair, supporting or lifting, positioning in and out of bed and other activities of daily living
- Assisting in specialized motor or self-help activities, constructs supportive or assistive devices
- Observing client for signs of distress and adjusts activities accordingly
- Preparing clinical notes and progress reports
- Evaluating the home environment and make appropriate recommendations
- Instructing client, family and other team members in proper use of assistive equipment, prosthetic devices and adaptation devices
- Participates in case conferences, staff meetings and in-service programs as required
- Prepares clinical notes and progress reports and submits them for review by the occupational therapist to be incorporated into the client’s clinical record.
We are seeking a Certified Occupational Therapist Assistant who combines exceptional clinical knowledge and skills necessary to perform all procedures as outlined, with the ability to contribute as a team member and work under supervision. You should be highly organized and detail-oriented, with the ability to positively adapt to change. Furthermore, it is important that you display excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal and presentation skills, as well as a strong knowledge of the regulatory requirements at the state, federal, and local level.
- Occupational Therapy Assistant certificate issued by the American Occupational Therapy Association
- Minimum of 1 year of COTA experience in acute care; home care settings, preferred
- Current and valid license as an Occupational Therapy Assistant by your state of practice
- Auto liability insurance per policy plus current and unrestricted driver’s license
- Demonstrated commitment and ability to take actions to meet customer needs
- Exceptional problem-solving abilities
- Commitment to adhere to work schedules in completing and performing assigned tasks
- Willingness to support our mission and adhere to policies and procedures
- Consistently demonstrating competency with occupational therapy skills according to personal and legal scope of practice
- Current CPR certification
Join Intrepid USA – and make a real difference in the lives of our patients!