Jacobs is seeking a Senior
Systems Engineer to support the newly awarded NISSC II contract. Your career at Jacobs enables NISSC to fulfill its mission to “provide classified communications and processing for Command and Control (C2) capability in organizational work centers at NISSC sites.” As a member of our team, you will support corporate and customer mission to provide world-class IT services and support that connects systems and users across NORAD in the areas of software development/maintenance, network services, cyber security, systems administration, and other mission-critical areas.
Systems Engineer plans and conducts work requiring judgment in the independent evaluation, selection, and substantial adaptation and modification of standard techniques, procedures, and criteria. Independently prepares (or directs others) criteria, computation/analyses, specifications, cost estimates, and technical reports in the specific area of technical expertise. Selects and applies engineering techniques and procedures to analyze and evaluate specific problem, data, or other features of the work which are broad in scope and complexity. Reviews and evaluates the quantity, quality, and overall adequacy of results and conclusions drawn from accomplishment of engineering tasks
Typical Duties Include:
Independently evaluates, selects, adapts, and modifies standard techniques and criteria to plan and conduct engineering assignment.
- Independently plans, schedules, and conducts or coordinates detailed phases of engineering work through the selection and adaptation or modification of techniques, procedures, and criteria.
- Analyze complex features of the work and applies principles and practices of the discipline or devises new approaches in problem solutions.
- Thoroughly review all results from assigned tasks and determine if outputs are complete, correct, integrated with project objectives, and adequately documented.
- Apply concepts for developing and establishing systems engineering databases, templates, requirements, test and modeling tools.
- Accomplish tasks of moderate scope and solves problems which require investigation of a select number of variables.
- Interpret requirements and perform analyses to ensure that objectives are met.
Here’s what you’ll need
Clearance Requirements: Ability to acquire a TS/SCI
Educational Requirements: BS degree
Certification Requirements: N/A
- 7 to 10 years related engineering experience or combination education and experience
- Experienced with independently evaluating, selecting, adapting, and modifying standard techniques and criteria in order to plan and conduct engineering assignment.
- Experienced with plans, schedules, conduct, and coordination of detailed phases of engineering work through the selection and adaptation or modification of techniques, procedures, and criteria.
- Experienced with the NORAD ITW/AA and Legacy Space mission systems.
- Experienced working on NISSC Products/Applications.
- Experienced with MBSE and associated tools.
- Experience with Agile principles and related tools, databases and processes.
- Work will be performed inside a large facility. An inside environment may be a cubicle (considerations: close quarters, low to moderate noise, bright or dim lighting).
- Work assignments vary based on client requirements.
- Work may include travel with the military to participate in exercises in austere conditions
- Outside work may include various environmental conditions including hot, dusty, cold, icy and windy climates.
- Sitting at desk. Phone use and PC or laptop. Filing required. May require lifting and carrying boxes of supplies or files up to 25 lbs. Extended periods of sitting while on PC/laptop or phone.
- May require climbing, working at heights and in small confined spaces such as under raised floors, inside closets and server racks. Must be able to sit, stoop, kneel or crouch for long periods of time. Work in noisy areas with hotter and colder temperature than standard office environmental conditions. Lift and transport equipment up to 50 pounds.
Equipment and Machines
- General office equipment, which includes: telephone, fax machine, copier, PC/laptop, and other miscellaneous office equipment.
- Servers, switches, routers and other computer equipment that supports the network environment.
- Operating hand tools, power tools, ladders and test equipment.
- May require operating motor vehicles.
- Regular attendance in accordance with established work schedule is mandatory.
- Shift Work is required to support operations. The candidate chosen for this position will work varying shifts
- It is important to be able to work any shift/designated hours required.
- You may be asked to continue performance in support of a war, contingency, or exercise
- You may be asked to continue performance during inclement weather or other conditions when others are not permitted to work
- Position may require night and weekend work and could include travel with the military to participate in operations/exercises located in areas with field conditions
- Continental and Oversees travel may be required. It is important to maintain a current passport.
Other Essential Functions
- Employment is contingent upon obtaining all required certifications within the timeframe specified in a waiver by the government (if applicable) and maintaining required certifications through the duration of the contract. Failure to obtain/maintain required certifications will result in disqualification for this position and could result in termination.
- Candidate must exhibit a professional behavior that promotes teamwork, fosters cooperation, and enhances productivity in the workplace. Must be well organized with the ability to coordinate, prioritize and execute multiple tasks simultaneously in a high-pressure environment. Ability to communicate verbally and in writing to work effectively with a variety of government, military and contractor personnel at all levels.
- Candidate must be able to interface effectively with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Grooming and dress usually business casual, but dependent on client’s standards. Must not pose a safety hazard to employees working in the same general area.
- The position for which you are applying for requires a US government security clearance. This is to advise you, that should you be extended an offer, if you possess a dual citizenship (i.e., citizen of the US and another country), to be granted a clearance you will be required to relinquish your citizenship in the foreign country.
This position is expected to pay
$80,000-$100,000 annually; depending on experience, education, and any certifications that are directly related to the position.
Jacobs health and welfare benefits are designed to invest in you, and in the things you care about. Your health. Your well-being. Your security. Your future. Typical benefits offered include education reimbursement, retirement benefits (401K match), employee stock purchase plan, health benefits, tax saving options, disability benefits, life and accident insurance, voluntary benefits, paid time off and paid holidays, and parental leave.
- Agile Methodology
- Audio Equipments
- Computer Equipment
- Computer Security