To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Alexandria, VA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Mortgage Loan Advisor
Pentagon Federal Credit Union • Alexandria, VA
Posted 2 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Mortgage Loan Advisor
PenFed is hiring a Mortgage Loan Advisor in Alexandria, VA. The primary purpose of this job is to provide members looking to purchase or refinance a home direct member engagement with detailed guidance and advice while using a sales driven mindset. Responsible to assess applications and determine if the loan requires further review. Required to conduct scheduled follow-up with the member, prepare the loan for processing and follow-up with member while the loan is in processing to ensure successful execution of loan closing.
- Responsible for reviewing mortgage loan registrations for completeness, accuracy and to determine if a a pre-approval or pre-qualification letter can be issued.
- Determine initial potential for qualification by evaluating credit history, income levels, assets and liabilities.
- Restructure loan request, decline loan and/or recommend for adverse action as needed.
- Initiate first contact with borrowers. Ensure excellent levels of member service by providing guidance/advice/counsel to the member in a detailed and comprehensive manner.
- Use advanced sales tactics to move loan forward in process and drive toward sales targets (pull-through rate), as well as sell and/or refer other products as appropriate.
- Ask targeted questions specific to borrower’s situation and determine the best way to accomplish the borrower’s goal. Obtain information necessary to properly condition loan.
- Conduct regularly scheduled follow-up with the Member to provide & review status. To include complete warm hand off to processor, when the loan is submitted to underwriting submission and when the loan is approved.
- Generate Account Condition Letter (ACL) according to PenFed/secondary market credit guidelines. Distribute list of required documents to borrower as required.
- Review/restructure loan as requested by Member based on potential property identified.
- Review property address specifics and sales contacts as received for accuracy and completeness.
- As required, insure proper re-disclosures are executed timely as a result of change in circumstances identified.
- Manage aging Pre-purchase loans.
- Remain current in knowledge of purchase, refinance, pre-purchase, VA, super-jumbo and conventional loans. Remain current on mortgage regulations.
- Based on the business needs, may assist in other areas as requested (these duties may fall under the scope of other job functions within 1st and 2nd mortgages).
Education and Experience
Equivalent combination of education and experience is considered.
- Associate’s Degree in a related field preferred.
- Minimum of three (3) years’ of experience in processing or as an underwriter is preferred.
- Knowledge of purchase, VA, super-jumbo and conventional refinance loans is required.
- This position will not supervise employees.
Licenses and Certifications
- There are no additional certifications required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to an indoor office setting with moderate noise.
Ability to travel to various worksites and be on-call is required.
Founded in 1935, and still growing, we began as the War Department Federal Credit Union. Today, PenFed is one of the country’s strongest and most stable financial institutions with over 1.5 million members and over $21 billion in assets. We serve members in all 50 states and the District of Columbia, as well as on military bases in Guam, Puerto Rico and Okinawa.
Our mission isn’t simply to help our members get by. We exist to help them realize every ounce of their potential. We exist to educate, and to encourage. We exist to usher their dreams into the land of reality.
We provide our employees with a lucrative benefits package including robust medical, dental and vision plan options, plenty of paid time off, 401k with employer match, on-site fitness facilities at our larger locations, and more.
Equal Employment Opportunity
PenFed management will maintain and observe personnel policies which will not discriminate or permit harassment or retaliation against a person because of race, color, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, military or veteran status or obligation, the presence of a physical and/or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, sexual orientation, and all statuses protected by applicable state or local law in all recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, overtime, position classifications, work assignments, facilities, promotions, transfers, employee treatment, and in all other terms and conditions of employment. PenFed will also prohibit retaliation against individuals for raising a complaint of discrimination or harassment or participating in an investigation of same.
PenFed will also reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability so that they can apply for a job or perform the essential functions of a job unless doing so causes a direct threat to these individuals or others in the workplace and the threat cannot be eliminated by reasonable accommodation or if the accommodation creates an undue hardship to PenFed. Contact human resources (HR) with any questions or requests for accommodation at 703-838-1568.