Pactiv Evergreen Inc. (NASDAQ: PTVE) is a leading manufacturer and distributor of fresh foodservice and food merchandising products and fresh beverage cartons in North America and certain international markets. It supplies its products to a broad and diversified mix of companies, including full service restaurants and quick service restaurants, foodservice distributors, supermarkets, grocery and healthy eating retailers, other food stores, food and beverage producers, food packers and food processors. To learn more about the company, please go to the company website at pactivevergreen.com.
Downingtown is a borough in Chester County, Pennsylvania, 33 miles west of Philadelphia. As of the 2010 census it had a population of 7,891. Downingtown was settled by English and European colonists in the early 18th century and has a number of historic buildings and structures.
The plant was built in 1979, manufactures paper cups and cartons, and has approximately 200 employees.
Pactiv Evergreen is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Pactiv Evergreen is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age national origin, physical or mental disability, genetic information, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics or statuses protected by law. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please call
or email [ Email address blocked ] - Click here to apply to Electro-Mechanical Technician
All information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines and applicable laws. Responsibilities
HIRING IMMEDIATELY! Text to Apply PTVE @ 97211
The Electro-Mechanic is a skilled position that is responsible for and requires specialized training in electrical design, installation, troubleshooting, maintenance and repair work. Must have & be able to maintain proven leadership skills and meet company expectations of same including maintaining exemplary attendance record.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Duties performed by employees in this position will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Performs work requiring a thorough knowledge of electrical theory and principles, NEC, properties of materials and principles of operations of electrical equipment. Starts up and shuts down equipment in accordance with company safety procedures for machine activation and shutdown and in line with OSHA requirements.
- Ability to utilize electrical test equipment and ability to isolate defects in wiring, switches, motors and other electrical equipment.
- Services electronic equipment by checking, testing and replacing faulty components, circuits, printed circuit boards and similar electronic devices.
- Knowledge of low & high voltage electrical systems and basic wiring principles.
- Ability to measure, cut, thread, pull and install electrical conduit. Ability to use hand and power tools applicable to the trade. Installs conduits, transformers, pull boxes and switches. Services and repairs starters, motors and various other types of electrical equipment and apparatus.
- Fabricates parts not commercially available, using machine and hand tools common to the trade.
- Determines need for, analyzes and makes necessary running adjustments, repairs and overhauls.
- Troubleshoots and repairs electric controls, motor control centers and programmable logic controls. Proven comprehension and abilities to program, troubleshoot and maintain Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC).
- Installs and repairs electrical equipment, designs electrical controls circuits and installs electrical wiring. Draws electrical & electronic equipment.
- Identifies equipment and material needs for projects. Reads and interprets blueprints and schematics.
- Coordinates on all project needs with Maintenance & Production Supervisors/Managers.
- Proven leadership abilities to effectively communicate orally and in written form to Management, employees and contractors. Provide leadership to all employees in compliance with all Dopaco’s safety programs.
- Knowledge of electrical terms, materials, methods, tools and equipment used in the inspection repair, installation, service and maintenance of electrical systems. Applicable code sections related to this field (i.e., National Electrical Code of the Industrial Accident Commission). Principles of electrical theory including amperage/voltage load requirements and calculations. Working from blueprints, sketches and shop drawings. Interface with service personnel and contractors to ensure quality workmanship.
- Assist (as required) in the training & skill up grading of other maintenance personnel as well as production associates (machine operators) etc.
- Must continually demonstrate proficiency in the job skill level of this position in accordance with the requirements of the job description.
- Participates in all plant emergencies as required and maintains any certification/training as deemed necessary or required by management in order to be able to respond to any specific plant emergencies.
- Must be willing to participate in and successfully complete any job related educational courses, training/testing programs, etc. as deemed necessary or required in order to upgrade the position skill level in order to advance to another job level.
- Performs additional duties of a similar nature and level of responsibility as might be required.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the Knowledge, Skill, and Abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Five years journey level industrial experience (installing, maintaining & repairing industrial equipment). Able to read blueprints/schematics, determine and correct causes of equipment failure. Experienced at performing precision equipment alignments. Working knowledge of fabrication, installation & maintenance of production and support equipment (e.g. Arc welders, oxy-acetylene torches, saws, drills, grinders, pumps, engines). Must maintain non-disciplinary status with regard to job performance and attendance record. Ability to accept position responsibility and empowerment and be able to efficiently perform the functions of this job with minimal supervision required. Must satisfactorily meet testing/training requirements
National Electrical Codes