To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Cleveland, OH
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Examiner I, II, or Senior - Risk Specialist (Information Technology) - Community Bank
Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland • Cleveland, OH
Posted 29 days ago
For eighteen years in a row, we have been named "One of Northeast Ohio's Best Places to Work" by North Coast 99. This prestigious award honors organizations with outstanding employment practices, including compensation, benefits, training, recruitment, retention, community services, and employee communications.
At our state-of-the-art Cleveland Office we are seeking innovative thinkers with vision to build the framework that will carry the Bank into the future. Join our team!
Examiner - Risk Specialist I, II or Senior
Bank Supervision - Community Bank
Serve as an integral member of the Community Banking Organization (CBO) team, conducting Information Systems and Cyber Security Threat examinations of primarily small/non-complex financial institutions. There is also the potential to participate in examinations of large/complex/problematic financial institutions and technology service providers on occasion. Assess the information security and cyber security risks associated with the information technology operations, electronic banking activities and management information systems of these companies to ensure the systems are operating in a safe and sound manner and in compliance with applicable banking laws, regulations, and policy statements.
Ensure systems are operating in a safe and sound manner and in compliance with applicable banking laws, regulations, and policy statements.
Act as the IT lead and/or assist on information technology examinations of banks and bank holding companies to identify weaknesses and facilitate corrective actions.
Contribute to and/or lead various Federal Reserve System, Reserve Bank, and Departmental initiatives by participating in committees, training initiatives and development of policy statements to enhance the supervision of financial institutions.
Determine implications of new information security and cyber security risks and standards to financial institutions and implement relevant examination procedures during reviews to evaluate company effectiveness in mitigating associated risks.
Maintain awareness of regulations, laws, emerging issues, trends, and ongoing developments in the financial services industry to provide a horizontal perspective.
Coordinate with appropriate Board of Governor and Federal Reserve System staff members on information security and cyber security issues.
Plan, prepare, conduct, and communicate (written and verbal) findings of inspections, examinations, and reviews of activities to financial institution and Reserve Bank management.
Develop solid contacts with other regulators, the Board of Governors and pertinent examination groups at other Reserve Banks.
Provide training and/or interpretations to staff as needed.
Prepare periodic written analytical and informational supervisory products as needed or requested.
Determine the effectiveness of management, policies, procedures and compliance with regulations.
Make recommendations or participate on groups/special projects to enhance processes, respond to emerging issues, and address internal quality initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree (advanced degree preferred)
- Bank Examiner Commission (preferred)
- Certified Information Systems Auditor and Certified Information Systems Security Professional designation (preferred). If candidate does not hold either certification, they will be required to obtain one or the other within 5 years of the start of their employment.
- 5+ year examination related work experience (audit, compliance, or regulatory experience in a variety of business lines.)
- Ability to scope and coordinate the review of applicable examination areas of small, medium to large, and/or complex, problematic institutions, accurately identifying and quantifying the risk, conducting meetings with bank personnel and communicating those risks (and consequences) to departmental and bank management and other relevant parties
- General knowledge in areas of technology governance, technology risk management/GRC, internal audit, vendor/third party management, business resiliency and fraud.
- Banking or financial services industry experience is a plus
- Sound analysis, problem solving, and judgment skills
- Must have good time management skills with a demonstrated ability to complete assignments in a timely, high quality manner
- Ability to identify and communicate risks to all levels of management, including strong presentation and negotiating skills in dealing with executive management and boards of directors
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and projects simultaneously
- Travel is an expectation for the position, and can range as high as 75% of the time.
- The candidate should ideally be located in or willing to relocate to the Cleveland, Cincinnati or Pittsburgh office.
PLEASE NOTE: This position requires access to confidential supervisory information, access to which is limited to "Protected Individuals" as defined by regulation of the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System. Protected Individuals include, but are not limited to, U.S. Citizens, U.S. Nationals, and lawful permanent resident aliens (also known as "green card holders") but do not include (i) a permanent resident alien who fails to apply for naturalization within six months of the date the alien first becomes eligible to apply for naturalization and (ii) an alien who has applied on a timely basis, but has not been naturalized as a citizen within 2 years after the date of the application, unless the alien can establish that the alien is actively pursuing naturalization. If you are selected for an interview, you will be required to present documentation of your eligibility prior to the interview.