Apex Systems is hiring a Director of Package Manufacturing for a leading cosmetics brand!
This position will lead, and deliver on enterprise wide agility projects across various categories and platforms. Propose new technology opportunities, utilizing data analytics and proven methodologies, (Ideation workshops, Lean/CI, and Project Management) to drive efficient value delivery. Build market share and competitive advantage by driving leading edge (developing cutting edge) Packaging capability ensuring EDGE in technical execution across all activities, drive robust collaboration across the E2E Engineering Group, Supply Chain, R&D, and Brands
• Lead global projects with cross functional teams to drive forward the implementation of new capabilities which builds agility into our Supply Chain to enable Brands to drive increased market share at the right cost. Ensure capabilities are scalable across all Regions
• Drive value realization by researching agility concepts for new technologies and/or new ways to apply existing technologies both within and outside our industry in order to continuously evaluate best practice and support product innovation by means of but not limited to:
• Carrying out research & data collection and conduct expert interviews
• Researching concepts for new technologies and/or discovering new ways on applying existing technologies.
• Build business case for moving forward with technologies by working closely with a cross function team with input from Brands.
• Through broad stakeholder input, develop a Business Case that incorporates the feasibility of each concept that considers function, manufacturability, component cost, tooling estimates, preliminary development lead time, risk and global consistency
• Develop successful collaboration with key stakeholders outside engineering, in order to appropriately inform, influence, and execute on projects. Key stakeholders include brand marketing leadership, internal plant teams, QA, Procurement, Packaging up to VP level
• Collaborate with the Operations and Central Engineering teams to consider agility requirements when developing functional specifications that aligns with the Value Chain Strategy
• Build and/or support the creation of project plans/timelines working with key functional groups; Ensure effective communication strategies on reporting KPI’s and project status to stakeholders and sponsors is established
• Ensure all projects are completed and meet the intended design, quality, cost, risk, sustainability, functionality, and manufacturability objectives.
- Preferred Degree: Mechanical / Package/ Industrial/ Chemical Eng.
- 8 years minimum experience
- Experience in Cosmetic Engineering, Package Development and/or Manufacturing experience within CPG /Printing industry.
- 5-10% travel time
- Experience/background in digital printing/technologies and 3D printing would be an asset
- Proficiency in computer systems including Unique Package Definition Systems, Microsoft Office suite and Timeline management systems.
- Analysis of geometric objects in 2 and 3 dimensions including understanding of clearances, fit and finish of packaging components and subcomponents.
- Comprehensive knowledge of materials used in the construction and manufacturing of primary, secondary and tertiary packaging including knowledge of decorating techniques and materials used on primary, secondary and tertiary packaging
- Comprehensive knowledge of test methods used to validate component/package performance
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes in relation to how it would impact the design/functionality of the package
- Licenses / Certifications: IOPP / CPP Preferred & PMP Designation
- Concentrated experience in prestige beauty or related industry with proven success driving complex programs. Strong experience in Lips, Foundation and Moisturizers preferred.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [ Phone number blocked ] - URL blocked - click to apply
Product Quality Assurance