The Vice President, Loan Transactions and Contract Finance position will manage and coordinate all transaction functions related to residential/commercial mortgage and consumer loan acquisitions and sales. This position will work with the head of transaction management, trading, due diligence and data teams to close transactions. In addition, the person hired will possess strong fluency with purchase and sale agreements, due diligence reports, credit underwriting, funding schedules, collateral documents, be reasonably fluent with data systems and possess the ability to work in a fast paced environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare transaction timelines as purchases and sales are identified.
- Work with internal resource teams (sales, legal, due diligence, finance, servicing, collateral) to appoint workstreams.
- Seed data systems to kick-off transactions.
- Manage each component of a transaction to ensure closing.
- Create post-closing list of contractual obligations with follow-up workstreams.
- Ownership and accountability of loan inventory by fund.
- Implement buy and sale strategies within the mandates of the company.
- Reconcile loan acquisitions and sales for data accuracy for management reports.
- Engage internal groups to reconcile loan data and ensure data systems are updated.
- Work with the Sales and Data teams to streamline loan inquiries.
- Use advanced analytical methods and tools to verify data systems.
- Promotes a culture of innovation by continuously challenging the staff to seek out process improvement initiatives, automation enhancements and idea generation to ensure the transactions are being run optimally.
- Responsible for guiding workflows and monitoring the work output of staff.
- Provides leadership and direction to staff and ensures that development of employees and teams is occurring.
- Hold self and others accountable for shortcomings in the implementation of strategies/initiatives
- Exercise exemplary corporate citizenship including strict adherence to compliance requirements and Bayview’s tenets
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Proven ability to manage and close transactions with high-level knowledge of residential/commercial mortgage and consumer loan data and credit, securitization, purchase and sale agreements, collateral exceptions, origination, and use of MSP and CAS.
- The ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong communication skills with individuals at all levels of the company and third parties.
- Eagerness to be in a dynamic environment and learn and expand responsibilities.
- Ability to work independently while focused on accuracy, efficiency, and delivery of product.
- Willingness to be part of a team that focuses on time-sensitive products with dynamic views and goals.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree. JD is highly preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of related experience. 10+ highly preferred.
- Strong background in MS Office (especially MS Excel and Access) required.
- Fluency in MSP and CAS is a plus.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, AND/OR REGISTRATION:
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to handle, touch or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee frequently is required to talk and hear. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms. The employee is rarely required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
Bayview is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All aspects of consideration for employment and employment with the Company are governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.
Mergers And Acquisitions