To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Washington, DC
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
GENERAL MANAGER (DC)
Wow Bao • Washington, DC
Posted 1 month ago
WOW BAO is hiring an GENERAL MANAGER for our team!
3-5 YEARS EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
This role is responsible for managing Wow Bao’s flagship location in the city. They will manage and oversee day to day restaurant operations including, but not limited to:
● Be instrumental in the construction & opening of new location
● Oversee cost controls (food, beverage, packaging, payroll, supplies, and others), profit and loss, and budget adherence
● Repairs and maintenance, safety and sanitation, and systems and organization. ● Contract maintenance, and third party vendor partnerships
● Setting the direction of the business in the day to day operations, as well as a plan to grow the business, drive sales, manage costs, and meet financial goals within multiple restaurant locations
● Be responsible for top line sales growth and bottom line return
Noodles, Rice & Hot Asian Buns
Meat and vegetable filled “hot Asian buns,” steamed dumplings, hearty soups, made today salads, and rice or noodle bowls topped with teriyaki chicken or kung pao chicken, served with signature homemade ginger ale and Thai iced coffee.
Responsible for the overall operation of a single store/unit and the hiring, training and development of his/her management and hourly staff. Work with senior management and the management team in setting the direction of the business in day to day operations as well as a plan to grow the business, drive sales, and manage costs. Responsible for the financial aspects of the restaurant.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (Other duties will be assigned as needed) Must be willing and able to do the following:
- Be accountable for all facets of the restaurant operation.
- Train, coach and develop management team in areas including Wow Bao culture, systems, policies and procedures, personal growth, operational and financial knowledge, interpersonal skills, and organizational techniques.
- Interview, hire, train, develop and retain qualified management and hourly employees.
- Interact with, direct and supervise employees on a daily basis in a fair and dignified manner.
- Schedule, conduct and document employee performance reviews according to standing operating procedure.
- Identify, address and document individual employee performance problems according to standard operating procedure. Discipline and/or terminate as necessary according to Wow Bao procedures.
- Identify, train and develop key employees for growth, advancement and promotion.
- Lead by example and promote teamwork among co-workers and employees.
- Follow up with employees and co-workers to ensure completion of assigned projects.
- Organize and conduct periodic informational seminars for employees.
- Be accountable for all facets of restaurant operation.
- Implement systems as designed by the corporate office.
- Perform varied duties to ensure proper restaurant operation according to standard operating procedure.
- Be “hands on” with all FOH positions to ensure smooth and efficient service.
- Authorize comps and voids for service personnel.
- Assign employee workstations.
- Assure compliance with and uphold applicable policies and requirements of employment laws.
- Become proficient in all job functions of both front and back of house employees.
- Ensure adequate evening prep levels based on business levels.
- Develop a morning prep list with the chef/KM to ensure preparation quantities for all meal periods.
- Perform a pre-shift line check to ensure quality of all items.
- Perform a shift “walk through” in order to assess staffing, maintenance, cleanliness, zoning and any special needs.
- Write agenda for and conduct periodic management meetings.
- Review and amend agenda for shift service meetings (to be conducted by shift manager).
- Complete opening sanitation checklist, assign sanitation projects to hourly staff, and follow up to ensure project completion.
- Work to ensure timely and accurate ticket times.
- Assure and maintain food quality standards including consistency and presentation.
- Assist with the maintenance of portioning and product specification.
- Prepare ingredients needed for recipes of menu items.
- Prepare food storage according to standard operating procedures.
- Provide samples to guests and be able to describe dishes.
- Fully understand and practice the Wow Bao company philosophies, Wow Bao Employee Handbook and employee benefits.
- Complete projects as assigned in a timely manner.
- Create appropriate atmosphere including lighting, music, and temperature levels.
- Address all customer complaints and problems effectively and courteously on an as needed basis.
- Use tact and good judgement when dealing with difficult guests. Respond to their needs with patience and courtesy.
- Oversee and be responsible for all financial aspects of the store/unit including payroll, direct operating cost of goods & sales growth, and securing/balancing/pairing of all cash banks.
- Track high cost items according to standard operating procedure.
- Perform and extend an end of the month and/or weekly inventory and order appropriate restaurant supplies, e.g., liquor, food, linen, paper goods, cleaning supplies, general restaurant supplies, etc.
- Responsible for the purchase and maintenance of all restaurant equipment.
- Comprehend and adhere to sanitation guidelines as prescribed by federal, state, and local regulations.
- Comply with all safety guidelines and procedures.
- Identify and communicate inventory and equipment needs to ordering manager.
- Communicate repair and maintenance needs to Managing Partner and/or appropriate repair source.
- Become proficient in the use of equipment and utensils related to the operation of the restaurant.
- Become proficient in the use of all restaurant computer equipment including the Point of Sale system, Avero, Kronos, Frequent Diner and Gift Certificate terminals, and credit card terminals.
- Pass food & beverage test in English with a score of 90% or more.
- Pass Alcohol Awareness test (if alcohol is served at stores) in English with a score of 90% or more.
- Move safely through all areas of the restaurant which may include stairs and uneven or slick surfaces.
- Must wash hands regularly, according to guidelines.
- Comply with all safety and sanitation guidelines and procedures.
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area.
- Be able to stand and walk for an entire shift.
- Communicate cordially, effectively and clearly with all employees, managers, partners, corporate staff and guests.
- Communicate in English in order to comprehend and perform/follow job requirements in written and spoken direction.
- Perform more than one task at a time.
- Maintain a positive, pleasant attitude every shift.
- Accept direction and constructive criticism from management.
- Perform calmly and effectively in an extremely busy and stressful work environment.
- Be able to work a variety of hours, days and shifts including weekends and increased work schedules.
- Work in a confined, crowded space of variable noise and temperature levels.
- Lift and move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
GENERAL RULES Must be willing and able to do the following:
- Get along with others and be a team player.
- Follow all uniform and appearance guidelines as befitting the image of the restaurant for the duration of the shift.
- Refrain from smoking for the duration of the shift.
- Arrive to work on time and in ready to work condition.
- Follow all rules, policies, procedures and conditions of employment outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- May not work under the influence of alcohol or any illegal drugs.
- May not resort to any type of violence, discriminatory or harassing behavior.
- Must successfully pass a drug and alcohol test within 90 days of hire date, where applicable.
Accessibility varies by location