To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Silver Spring, MD 20904
- Marlon Lobban
- Phone: (918) 384-7474
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Business Resource Support Specialist
Cherokee Nation Businesses • Silver Spring, MD
Posted 2 months ago
Job Title: GEIS Business Support Specialist (ID#14676)
Location: Silver Spring, MD
The GEIS Business Resource Support Specialist will support the Armed Forces Health Surveillance Branch (AFHSB) Global Emerging Infections Surveillance (GEIS) section through support to infectious disease surveillance and outbreak response via the global DoD laboratory network that provides early detection, prevention and response to infectious disease threats of military relevance.
The Business Resource Support Specialist (BRSS) is responsible for managing, tracking, and coordinating GEIS-funded project budget data to ensure efficiency and accuracy of project funding and execution. The BRSS collaborates closely with the GEIS Program Manager throughout the fiscal year funding cycle to closely monitor and analyze project budgets.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage and coordinate the process of soliciting and tracking quarterly and annual budgets associated with GEIS-funded projects; maintain up-to-date budget data and spreadsheets and funds awarded by GEIS.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge and expertise in processes for DoD service laboratory funding.
- Coordinate with the GEIS team on the proposal lifecycle: create, implement, monitor and track essential project activities and funding/budget data; corresponding with the appropriate internal and external resources to collect data and communicate deadlines; generating progress reports as needed; and providing further detail when necessary to assure that the project’s fiscal objectives are being met on time.
- Develop budget tables and graphs to most efficiently convey funding data to AFHSB and GEIS leadership.
- Analyze cost and pricing data to verify and substantiate direct and indirect costs in accordance with knowledge of the federal budgeting process.
- Collaborate with the GEIS team to conduct a return on investment analysis to ensure fidelity of GEIS expenditures.
- Support the GEIS Program Manager in GEIS related duties as needed.
- Prepare documents as needed for GEIS leadership using strong written communication skills and expert-level proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Work independently as well as collaboratively with a team to deliver products and assignments on time.
- Maintain professionalism when interacting with individuals internal and external to AFHSB.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree is required preferable in a science or business related field
- Demonstrated experience in tracking and managing multiple ongoing program and/or proposal budgets
- Demonstrated experience in ensuring program financials and financial processes operate smoothly and efficiently
- Experience with DoD financial systems (GFEBS is a plus).
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Strong Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and ability to quickly learn to use online budget platforms
- Team player and collaborates well with professionals.
- Public Trust required.
- Must be able to obtain a Secret clearance. .
- Climate-controlled office during normal business hours.
With $400 million in annual revenue, 20% growth per year, approximately 950+ active contracts serving 60+ government agencies in 25 countries, 47 states, 2 territories and 2000+ employees, Cherokee Nation Businesses’ (CNB) group of Federal Contracting Section 8(a) companies is well positioned to deliver expertise needed to solve complex technical issues. Federal Solutions provides an array of services for 12 of the 15 cabinet-level departments and agencies – from applications and data services to cybersecurity and national defense.
Why consider Cherokee Nation and our Federal Solutions business? Here are some great resources highlighting what we do and compelling reasons for joining our team!
Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, gender identity and sexual orientation. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please copy and paste the links to the following two sites:
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may email “CNB.Compliance@cn-bus.com” for assistance. This email address is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the application process or status.
For Pay Transparency Non Discrimination provision, please copy and paste the following link:
We maintain an Affirmative Action Plan for the purpose of proactively seeking employment and advancement for qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Upon request, we will schedule time to make our Affirmative Action Plan accessible. If you are interested, please submit a written request with the email subject line: 2018 Request to View Affirmative Action Plan to the Compliance Administrator at CNB.Compliance@cn-bus.com
This email box is not for resumes or follow up on job applications.