Bowling Green Metalforming is a world leader in chassis and body structural assemblies. From the massive press shop, through our immense assembly area and finishing with a state of the art e-coat system. We focus on Safety, Quality and Productivity daily to ensure the satisfaction of team members, our shareholders, Domestic, Asian and European customers. Bowling Green Metalforming is a divison of Cosma Canada/USA, a Magna Company. We are a global automotive supplier to the OEM market with a unique operating structure that fosters an entrepreneurial culture. Our facility is located in Northern Warren County and encompasses the highest level of technology in the automotive industry. We are pleased to be part of South Central Kentucky. We seek enthusiastic people looking for an opportunity to be part of a dynamic team in a fast paced environment. This is an excellent opportunity to be part of our TEAM.
To accurately maintain standard costs of inventory and support all departments to help minimize purchase price variances, scrap, and inefficiencies.
(This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties to be performed in this position. Team members will be required to follow any other job related instructions or to perform other job duties requested by their leader) 1. Know and understand Bowling Green Metalforming Quality and Environmental policies. 2. Perform other duties as required. 3. Follows and supports and Magna's operating principles, including: a. Magna Employee Charter - Operating under its principles by treating all team members equally, fairly and with dignity and respect. b. Abide by BGM policies and procedures as described in the most current version of the Team Member Handbook. c. Open Door Policy - Solves issues with two-way, open and friendly communication. d. 5S - Maintains and promotes good housekeeping by following the philosophy "Everything has a place. Everything in its place". e. Safety First - Obey the plant's safety rules and procedures by wearing PPE at all times and immediately addressing all safety concerns. Promotes an environment where zero injuries are the expected standard. f. Promote MAFACT benchmarks to achieve World Class Manufacturing. g. Core values - Treat all team members equally, fairly, with dignity and respect without favoritism in accordance with company values. h. Attend and participate in Team, Department, Plant-wide and any other meetings as required. i. Conduct all activities in a professional manner and positive attitude with an emphasis on personal responsibility. 4. Maintain the standard cost system to generate accurate product costs/inventory values and meaningful variance analysis. Understand the reason for the cost change, and obtain authorization for cost changes 5. Identify, analyze and forecast material costs that are not included in the standard cost 6. Maintain the material cost amounts in our customer quoted piece price vs actual material costs and accrue for customer exposure adjustments 7. Assist in supporting and understanding material cycle counts and production physical inventory activities 8. Track and explain all plant scrap costs including issuing monthly scrap share invoices to our vendors 9. Make recommendations and be involved in an ongoing continuous improvement process, and assist others on improvement ideas as required 10. Report monthly cost of poor quality 11. Assist in the preparation of the annual business plan, quarterly forecasts and monthly forecasts 12. Assist in the completion of the monthly balance sheet reconciliations and the year-end audit file 13. Satisfy all Sarbanes-Oxley documented finance process requirements for the position 14. Assist Finance Dept. when other finance team members are out of the office 15. Perform other duties as required
Knowledge and Education
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting preferred
- Minimum 2-4 years cost accounting experience in a manufacturing environment preferred
- Minimum of 2-4 years of SAP experience preferred
Skills and Competencies
- Computer skills; proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel preferred - Minimum of 1 year experience in a manufacturing environment preferred - Operate standard office equipment preferred - Experience with integrated financial/manufacturing software packages, SAP preferred. - Ability to manage departmental projects/programs to meet BGM needs - Excellent problem-solving skills - Good communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills - Good working knowledge of a standard cost system, preferably in the automotive industry - Detail oriented and self-motivated
- Office and General factory environment - Able to be flexible in hours of work on short notice in order to meet internal/external customer requirements (scheduled and non-scheduled overtime shifts, etc.) - Possible Shift Work - Ability to sit and stand for prolonged periods of time, and occasional bending and stooping.
Perform Cost Estimate
Reconcile Physical Inventory