Only Those with a Passion to Change Lives Qualify.
At Southern Careers Institute (SCI), the core of what we do is passion. We're passionate about putting our students first to help improve their lives through education and career training. It's this passion that drives everything we do, and if you feel you have it burning in your belly, we want to talk.
Financial Aid Officer
We call it being a life changer, but you'll call it a job you love while helping others find the same. You'll have a hand in improving the lives of countless SCI students throughout Texas by working with impassioned educators and campus faculty in a collaborative, interactive environment to create optimized environment for our students.
As the Financial Aid Officer, you will work within federal, state and institutional policies and regulations, to provide financial aid information and counseling services to students and families.
What you can expect when joining SCI:
- Training & Development
- Fun & Energetic, Family-Based Environment
- Continuous Growth Opportunities
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Options
- Health Savings & Flexible Spending Options (HSA & FSA)
- Basic Life & Accident Insurance
- Short & Long-term Disability
- 401K Retirement Plan
- SCI is an Equal Opportunity employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
- Counsel and advise students about financial aid eligibility, application procedures, aid programs, aid eligibility, packaging policies, costs, billing process, indebtedness, money management and financial planning. Also provides general information via e-mail, phone, and personal contact;
- Determine amount of aid, considering such factors as funds available, extent of demand, and needs of students;
- Compare data on students' applications, such as proposed budget, family income, or transcript of grades, with eligibility requirements of assistance program;
- Interview students to obtain information needed to determine eligibility for aid;
- Review FAFSA process with student - maintain copies of applicable federal tax returns required to complete this process; enter FAFSA data to complete needs analysis/budget worksheet;
- Ensure 100% student satisfaction; provide timely service during student appointments;
- Maintains confidentiality of student records in compliance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act;
- Other duties as may be assigned.
Successful candidates will have:
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Ability to make mathematical calculations and reconcile records as required;
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and customer service skills;
- Detail oriented and ability to organize and manage multiple projects while working in a high-pressure office.
- Experience with the Internet, MS Outlook, Word and Excel
About Southern Careers Institute
SCI has been changing lives for over 50 years, now and we're just getting started. We offer certification-based training with programs in Medical, Business, Cosmetology, Skilled-Trades and Technology with campuses spanning across central and south Texas as well as online. Our students can graduate most of our programs in under one year and with real-world experience under their belt.
Packaging And Labeling