Visit our website at [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Senior Radar Engineer to apply!
This posting is intended for use in sourcing candidates for a proposal pending award approval.
This position can be remote anywhere in the United States when not on location in Bogota, Columbia. Availability for work, while in the United States, will be based on the Columbia Time Zone (the same as the Central Time Zone in the United States).
Travel is estimated to be at 60 percent, or more in Columbia.
ARCTICOM, a subsidiary of Bering Straits Native Corporation is currently seeking a qualified SR. RADAR ENGINEER for an International project in Bogota, Colombia, South America. The employee will support radar installation, analysis, maintenance, and integration testing for Long Range Radars (LRR) similar to the Northrup Grumman TPS-70 series, and other manufactures Maritime Surveillance System (MSS) radars.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The Essential Duties and Responsibilities are intended to present a descriptive list of the range of duties performed for this position, and are not intended to reflect all duties performed within the job. Other duties may be assigned.
- Systems design review and supervision of the installation of Maritime Surveillance Systems (MSS) radars on buildings or towers
- Ensuring Radar System is operational and available to support operations as described in the contract.
- Responsible for ensuring Radar equipment suite, radar control computer program, and equipment interfaces are operational and ready to support all test events.
- Create new or review existing procedures, recommend changes, and document test procedure discrepancies for future revision.
- Radar and system assembly and execution of Factory Acceptance Test (with the USG)
- Provide Radar System status reports.
- Execute Test Procedures and Test Plans as required to demonstrate radar performance for both in port and at sea test events and generate test reports.
- Lead troubleshooting of Radar System equipment, configuration and computer program problems and document discrepancies.
QUALIFICATIONS - EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATION
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential duty. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Required (Minimum) Qualifications
- Spanish required, intermediate level, read/write/understand.
- Candidate should possess a radar background with strong analytical and problem-solving skills (with good written and verbal communication skills).
- Intermediate level of competence with Microsoft Office (specifically Word, Excel, Power Point).
- Must be physically able to work in austere environments and climb towers.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Candidate will be subject to drug screening as per company policy.
- Ability to travel up to 50 percent of the time CONUS and OCONUS.
- Demonstrated experienced with Microwave radar hardware/software and testing procedures, and the ability to analyze test results and report findings.
- Demonstrated understanding of theory and operations of computer/network system.
- Demonstrated understanding of basic Electrical Test Equipment.
- Candidate should possess strong analytical and problem solving skills with good written and verbal communication skills.
- Degree not required, but preferred.
- Intermediate-level knowledge and use of Microsoft Project.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Must maintain a constant state of mental alertness at all times. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must be tower climb qualified; the current tower height is 180 feet with platforms for radar installation. With this requirement, the employee must have the ability to lift climb equipment luggage while traveling to include the emergency kit. The distance from equipment storage to the tower can be up to 2 kilometers, uphill, on unimproved trail or stairs.
COVID VACCINATION REQUIREMENTS
- This position is subject to federal or company requirements regarding COVID-19 vaccination or regular testing. Details to be provided by the hiring manager. Employees are expected to comply with all current and future federal and company requirements.
Work Environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be borne by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee will be expected to work from home, until travel is needed to South America, primarily Colombia’s Pacific Coast. Expect 50 to 70% travel. The weather conditions are routinely hot and humid, with a frequent possibility for rain. While tower climbing and positioning, the employee will be installing radar antennas, turning units, wave guides, radar equipment, radio antennas, and cabling to include power.
- Hires and supervises direct reports.
ADDITIONAL QUALIFYING FACTORS
As a condition of employment, may be required to pass a pre-employment drug screening, as well as have acceptable reference and background check results to obtain access to military base. Must have reliable transportation to/from work a necessity and must be able to obtain access to military installations.
Shareholder Preference. BSNC gives hiring, promotion, training and retention preference to BSNC shareholders, shareholder descendants and shareholder spouses who meet the minimum qualifications for the job.
Bering Straits Native Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/ AA/ Male/ Female/ Disability/ Vets employer.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program. We are a drug free workplace.
# of Vacancies
- Acceptance Testing
- Ms Project
- Medical Emergency